Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tobester

The /newstuff Chronicles #241

myk said:

But are links required? In some instances not even those were provided... and that can indeed make people totally miss some of the incoming stuff.

Requiring links to anything not reviewed has more or less become official policy as well.

dutch devil said:

Ah well the link is allready there thanks to nuxius.

Um...don't get so worked up about it. It will be reviewed next week.

I'm surprised no-one's done this:

[Tormentor667]Reviews need more detail.[/Tormentor667] ;)

Actually, I kinda like these brief reviews.

Now to check the maps for myself.

Dutch Devil: Though is hard to put your work in something and not seeing it reviewed (as in my case, it got labeled as Legacy Wad and thus, not played) I think you gotta cope with it. There´s always the reviews players write on the archive and also mail feedback so if it doesn´t get reviewed, that´s the way things are. Good luck next time.

I find it a pity that people don't review legacy wads. (Though I suppose thats hyocritical, since I can't get legayc to work on my computers, nor do I care to try hard to make it).

Short sweet and to the point. :)

I'm still open to do /Newstuff reviews if need be.
Drop me a PM. :D

HobbsTiger1 said:

(Though I suppose thats hyocritical, since I can't get legayc to work on my computers,).

That's the problem. I still haven't been able to play High Tech Hell. Legacy just is a little too unstable on my system.

The next C++ alpha of Legacy might make it possible for that. They will have added some features that they missed for FS. So we'll see. Of course, as it's an Alpha, it's not meant for everyday play. But it might still run better for you who have problems with legacy, than the latest official version. Besides, would be the perfect opportunity for anyone of you to make a difference and help make Legacy become a steady port to be reckoned with if you take this chance to report bugs in the Alpha.

http://forums.newdoom.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=27776

Schneelocke said:

In the words of the comic book guy (from the Simpsons): worst. newstuff chronicles. ever.

Well, maybe not quite. :) But it really would've been nice to get a bit information, not to mention some more screenshots; the purpose of t/nc is, after all, to let people know what the good and the bad maps are, so that they can concentrate on the former and disregard the latter.

FWIW, that also means that you'll have to play all the 1994 maps. Sure, they're crap - or at least most of them are. But it's your job as the reviewer to do this kind of grunt work so that everyone else doesn't have to. Don't like it? Then don't do the newstuff chronicles.

Ah well. I'm sure you'll do better next time. :)

For the record, I DID do all the grunt work: I played all the maps, including the 94 maps. The ones at the top were not worth a review :P

Tobester said:

For the record, I DID do all the grunt work: I played all the maps, including the 94 maps. The ones at the top were not worth a review :P

Actually, you granted those WADs almost as many "column inches" as the WADs you recommended.

I agree that those making WADs should do so for reasons other than recognition and ego stroking, but after months of hard work I can imagine I would feel a little insulted to have my work dismissed in a "review" consisting of three sentences.

That I call a proper newstuff chronicle. However, the reviews to the good wads could have been a bit more elaborate.

Not that anyone cares but UAC MEAT PACKING was a very unsucceful 'joke wad.' It was made by Hobomaster and I hoping people would try and figure out who made it and cause lots of questioning but i guess not. :( Anyway we left some hints in the names of the authors, first person to figure them out gets a prize.

Well 'torvul' is an anagram of 'lutrov', though I don't know about the other one :).

Correct! :)
Terualn is an anagram of Hobomaster's surname, but nobody knows that so meh.
Unfortunatly I have no prize, but I can give some recent Bloodskull quotes if you wish!

Lutrov71 said:
Terualn is an anagram of Hobomaster's surname, but nobody knows that so meh.

I'm sure it's Neutral.