Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Horrible Doom Movie Poster Revealed

Relica Religia said:

The poster is fine, except for the fact that they're really overdoing the "first-person" theme.

Amen to that, a good chunk of the footage in the trailer was fpv... *tears eyes out* oh god why. Are they trying to APPEAL to us or something? Or young kids who think that is the shizz?

Then again... it's rated r... so! *head explodes*

Well, the machine gun in Doom 3 -does- resemble a P90 a whole lot.

The Counter-Strike hands is obviously a marketing trick to increase sales, and ...

..eh. It's not really that bad.

it looks nothing like the gun we see "the guy" holding in the trailer though, lol.

It looks like the work of a second year Community College Student.

hey, shutup! :P

The thing is it means like nothing. OK a guy is holding a gun and there's some weird monster in the background... uh... OK. I was hoping for some recreation of the Doom 1 art but I figured that was pretty unlikely. I wouldn't even have minded a standard "floating heads" poster if it had shown Mars and maybe a decent shot of a demon. The only thing this poster does is say "OH MY GOD SHOOTING MONSTERS IN TUNNELS!!!!!"

Plus I don't understand why the hell the hell knight appears to be a piece of paper with bullet holes punching through it, or why there's a crosshair BEHIND the gun, or why the logo looks so blase, or well lots of things really.

Relica Religia said:

The poster is fine, except for the fact that they're really overdoing the "first-person" theme.

And why the hell is he holding a P90?

Uhhh....because Id based the Doom 3 machine gun on it?

We can rant till christmas and easter has the same date but it wont change that some Mr Rich Moneysack ordered that poster for the doom movie.

*wanders of ranting about capitalism*

The only thing I like about this poster is that its first-person, original for a poster. But IS THIS a poster for doom? I agree, this useless piece of paper tells nothing but... just what we've seen in last trailer. It'll be about seeing everything through eyes of SWAT members, stuff like shooting mutants and etc. BTW, I think FPS sequences SUX so far. I mean, not the idea of fps scenes but how they're solved. While watching them I don't feel like I'm one of those soldiers, on no. It's VERY unnatural. And why the hell they make this poster look so infernal? I mean, fire-like background and sentence: HELL breaks loose? Don't fool people it's hellish cuz it's not, no demons, no hell... Heh, they think that they'll throw fps scenes in and it'll remind people of DooM. Yeah, right. Sorry that I sound so angry at this movie, but... I am and I think it'll sux. S-U-X. It already SUX and I don't think I'll change my mind after seeing it.

Touchdown said:

And why the hell they make this poster look so infernal? I mean, fire-like background and sentence: HELL breaks loose? Don't fool people it's hellish cuz it's not, no demons, no hell... Heh, they think that they'll throw fps scenes in and it'll remind people of DooM.

3 words: You. Fail. It.

looks like the cover of some bad strategy guide someone living in prima's basement came up with.

love the CS rip. christ, that's terrible. i'm looking forward to the movie, personally, but this poster is sweet merciful no.

The poster looks more "Doom" than anything else I've seen from the movie so far, so I'm actually pleased with it.

Most of the time the graphic designers who make posters have no direct involvement in the actual movie. There will probably be other posters too.

I'm just glad it isn't the standard collage of profile shots of the actors, that would probably suck more.

BlackFish said:

Or the fact that A) BBG plays too much CS, B) BBG does gun reviews on CSNation.

HAHA.

Yeah, the poster looks shit.

Did anyone look at the scope of that weapon? It appears to have the image of a mountain on it---

Reminds me of E1... An original doom reference? Oh those clever bastards.