Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

In da Foreverhood, Yo

Skadoomer writes in that he's updated the Foreverhood site with some new screenshots to celebrate the apparent halfway point of completion. If you want to see something that doesn't look like Doom, go check them out while waiting for its release sometime between this Christmas and February of next year.

Yay, although. With all this talk about Beta verison and summer releases etc, I thought he was way past the "half way" milestone.

kristus said:

With all this talk about Beta verison and summer releases etc, I thought he was way past the "half way" milestone.

I did too, but basted on what the beta testers had to say appearently the mod fell short of their expectations, so stuff had to get re-orginised.

Still looks nice.

I only wish he wouldn't artificially limit the size of the textbox on the page so much. I mean... goodness, most monitors have resolutions that are a *bit* higher than 400x300 or so these days. And browsers are able to adapt to different screen resolutions for a reason, too...

Scuba Steve said:

The kid in me is sad that Foreverhood is being postponed.

I've asked the community time and time again if they would like a demo, and each time i'm told that everyone wants the whole package and nothing less. I figured something would hold you guys over because the more i work on this thing, the more the quality of it tends to rise, which means newer work has to be on the same level if the mod is going to tell a seamless story.

Honestly i never saw myself finishing this, and was prepared to just give it up at the half way mark, but there isn't an impossible amount of work left to do. Its just going to take some time... lots of time to see this thing finished. It gets really tough when its all new content i have to produce from this point foward.

:P

I wasn't saying release it now! I too told you to keep working until it's done. I just commented that it's still sad to have to wait longer.

Although I think it looks absolutely terrific, I have doubts about how well this will run on my computer... Perhaps I should use GZDoom and put my video card to use? What system are you developing on and how well does it seem to run? (my specs: 512M RAM, 1.7Ghz celeron, 128M Radeon 9200)

EarthQuake said:

Although I think it looks absolutely terrific, I have doubts about how well this will run on my computer... Perhaps I should use GZDoom and put my video card to use? What system are you developing on and how well does it seem to run? (my specs: 512M RAM, 1.7Ghz celeron, 128M Radeon 9200)

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=91&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

^-- this thread answers that question. apparently, it is being developed on a 700mhz laptop with geforce to go card.

the geforce in my laptop definitly needs to go.

It's like Oddworld and DooM had a illegitimate child prodigy.

Never played oddworld, looks cool though

Wasn't there some sort of game called Neverhood that looked strangely similar to this? It was some sort of 3D claydough rendered game where you controlled this weird claydough character around this even weirder claydough world solving claydough puzzles and shit.

Man I still wish I had that CD...

Google poops this out: http://www.dreamworksgames.com/Games/Neverhood/

Dreamworks interactive eh?
*chuckles*
The dl serv is down atm... so no go on the demo, but it looks interesting.

Back on topic, it's always nice to know that these projects are still being worked on, and this is one that I *******ely look foward to. Distinct art styles in games are always welcome in my book.

Edit: Lol, censorship.

Jehar said:

Dreamworks interactive eh?
*chuckles*
The dl serv is down atm... so no go on the demo, but it looks interesting.

Back on topic, it's always nice to know that these projects are still being worked on, and this is one that I *******ely look foward to. Distinct art styles in games are always welcome in my book.

Edit: Lol, censorship.

DEFINITELY

EarthQuake said:

Wasn't there some sort of game called Neverhood that looked strangely similar to this? It was some sort of 3D claydough rendered game where you controlled this weird claydough character around this even weirder claydough world solving claydough puzzles and shit.

Why, yes there was. History lession time:
Doug Tennapel (aka my hero) played a key part in making the game what it was. He was a ******* and still produces dazzeling works that are well worth checking out. I can't remember if he wrote the neverhood comic that started the game, but he was the producer? of it. Its one badass clamation adventure. (why don't you see any good claymation stuff anymore?)

Man I still wish I had that CD...

Its on the underdogs fyi

The Neverhood was awesome, and so was Skullmonkeys (the 2D platformer Playstation sequel), even though it was really hard. I wish I could find Boombots.

skadoomer said:

thats more stop animation. Clamation is where the characters are actual clay models instead of well rigged puppets.

Wallace and Gromit.