Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Some Movie Set Visits

Geez that was quick Bill.

Interesting to note the mention of the "portal chamber" in the Gamespy one. There is definitely more to the plot of this movie than some have been assuming.

i know someone who's all "THERE WILL BE NO HELL IN THIS MOVIE" even after seeing that interview. so i said "fine, i'll go and see it, and if there's hell i'll let you know." "okay, i'll go if there's hell but it's already a fact that there won't be." et cetera. he's kind of a hardcore nonbeliever. the worst kind.

dethtoll said:

i know someone who's all "THERE WILL BE NO HELL IN THIS MOVIE" even after seeing that interview. so i said "fine, i'll go and see it, and if there's hell i'll let you know." "okay, i'll go if there's hell but it's already a fact that there won't be." et cetera. he's kind of a hardcore nonbeliever. the worst kind.

If I knew someone like that I'd probably have brained them with a heavy object of some kind by now.

The darkhorizons guy went on a paid junket wherein he got drunk, gambled, got a hooker, and lost his digital camera while drunk and with said hooker. Based on word frequency absinthe seems to be the highlight of his trip.

The gamespy guy probably actually went there to see the movie set.

JoelMurdoch said:

If I knew someone like that I'd probably have brained them with a heavy object of some kind by now.

Ditto.

The darkhorizon guy hadn't even heard about the Doom movie, and this was in January, wonder where the rock is that he's been living under. Probably under another rock.

The Gamespy interview mentions excavation digs and portal chambers, so I think it's safe to say the Doom-movie "demons" will not be just genetic experiments gone awry.

kristus said:
wonder where the rock is that he's been living under.

Apparently it's not Dwayne Johnson!

...we had a chance to meet with the movie's stars and producers, who all seem dedicated to making DOOM the first movie based on a videogame to finally, well, not suck.

Apparently the guy writing the article has never heard of the first Mortal Kombat movie. Not exactly an Oscar winner, I know, but it wasn't horrible and it actually followed the game mostly. Now the second one on the other hand...

The last pictues looks like a mutated form of the 'wheelchair guy'.

So people are being mutated under the effect of some mysterious portal? Maybe Hell has found a way to manifest itself on our plain by expressing the redundent DNA in our cells, thereby mutating humans into monsters...

Maybe the movie isn't going to suck after all.

you need the genome thing to dissect a person into his element molecules (the easy bit), spit said molecules through hyperspace (the hard part) and then reassemble them on the other side into said person (the impossible bit).

ie; teleportation.

So it actually fits the doom plot. Speedy McWheelchair uses teleporter, his components are mixed with the demon ala 'The Fly' and Slobbery McPinky is spat out on the other side. An interesting take on the demonic possesion angle, I think.

Of course I could be wrong and holywood has ballsed it up, in which case I am officially a better ideas man that Crappy McScriptwriter.

mallis said:

you need the genome thing to dissect a person into his element molecules (the easy bit), spit said molecules through hyperspace (the hard part) and then reassemble them on the other side into said person (the impossible bit).

ie; teleportation.

So it actually fits the doom plot. Speedy McWheelchair uses teleporter, his components are mixed with the demon ala 'The Fly' and Slobbery McPinky is spat out on the other side. An interesting take on the demonic possesion angle, I think.

Of course I could be wrong and holywood has ballsed it up, in which case I am officially a better ideas man that Crappy McScriptwriter.

the fly was a good movie, i even like the original. i have fond memories of seeing the little human stuck to a spiderweb screaming "heeelpp meee!! heelp meee!!"

I just pulled this off of Arrow in the Head. It's a summary point from a recent interview with Clive Barker...

Universal dropped TORTURED SOULS THE MOVIE because their film DOOM dealt with demons and hey didn't want two demon films on their slate.