Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

1024 Maps

kc32 said:

How do you get the yellow key on Map11?

theres this window ledge where you can run over and get on this ledge with a switch (the switch that faces out towards where the baron and knight were. Hit that switch, then fall off to the left of that switch if you were facing it. There is a ledge that lowers from where all those revenants were. get on that ledge, hit that switch, and be ready for more monster onslaught. You'll see a house in the distance lowering. Go back to that original ledge where the switch was and strafe run onto the column with the yellow key now lowered...

hopefully that explains it.

Funny, that I only brushed the key when I was around the pillar (second time through, the baddie onslaught kicked my ass the first time), nobody teleported in, so I got easy street to the Exit.

This mapset is tough...does it have different settings, or do only Skill 1 and Skill 5 affect gameplay?

I'm playing it on UV.

Skill settings for things in a map editor only apply to skills 2 through 4. Things tagged skill 2 show up in both 1 and 2. Ones tagged 3 only show up in 3. Things tagged with 4 show up in both 4 and 5.

So what's the difference between levels 1 and 2?

I know Nightmare doesn't allow cheats and has fast monsters, but I never saw what the difference was between ITYTD and NTR.

kc32 said:

I know Nightmare doesn't allow cheats and has fast monsters, but I never saw what the difference was between ITYTD and NTR.

on skill 1 you get double the ammo/health from pickups

kc32 said:

You get more ammo on ITYTD - I think the amount that ammo powerups give you is doubled, although someone else will probably be able to give a more detailed answer.

Incidentally, the same thing is also true on Nightmare!. You get twice the ammo there, too, which is why "UV -fast -respawn" is sometimes called "Ultra-Nightmare!" - it's exactly like Nightmare!, but you do NOT get the extra ammo (obviously, since it's really UV with some extra flags), so it's even harder than Nightmare!. :)

Bloodshedder said:

Skill settings for things in a map editor only apply to skills 2 through 4. Things tagged skill 2 show up in both 1 and 2. Ones tagged 3 only show up in 3. Things tagged with 4 show up in both 4 and 5.

I know, I was meaning that all things are tagged 1-2, 3, and 5, and that the only difference Skill 1 and 5 have on gameplay is the extra ammo picked up, respawn, -fast, etc.

As various people mentioned you get double ammo in ITYTD

// give double ammo in trainer mode, you'll need in nightmare
  if (gameskill == sk_baby || gameskill == sk_nightmare)
    num <<= 1;
You also get half damage.
  if (player && gameskill == sk_baby)
    damage >>= 1;   // take half damage in trainer mode
(from src/p_inter.c)

Yeah, exactly.

My real question was: is there a difference in thing placement between the skill settings?

-_DLD_- said:

Yeah, exactly.

My real question was: is there a difference in thing placement between the skill settings?

Not between 1/2 and 4/5, respectively.

-_DLD_- said:

is there a difference in thing placement between the skill settings?

Yes, on most maps. Grab stat.exe and see for yourself (use a command line such as stat 1024.wad >1024stat.txt to generate a textfile).

Only map24 appears to lack difficulty settings, though a few of the other maps (e.g. map28) feature only small differences.