Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Simple Life Ain't so Simple

I'm not sure exactly what it is you are talking about. Do you mean the room where you get the red key? Kill all the monsters in the room. Or perhaps you mean the wall blocking the red key door itself? Grab the shotgun at the very beginning of the map. I don't see how you could have missed that, though.

I just played Map16. Spork, you sadistic bastard. -_-; A Cybie on either side of you and no cover/barely any room to dodge is evil.

And kc32...most of Spork's traps rely on the user grabbing all of those tantalizing powerups/weapons, such as the BFG at the end of Map16...otherwise you can't get to the open Exit, because you have to kill the 2 Cyber Demons that attack you after you take the BFG to free yourself from the pit.

And kc32...most of Spork's traps rely on the user grabbing all of those tantalizing powerups/weapons, such as the BFG at the end of Map17...otherwise you can't get to the open Exit, because you have to kill the 2 Cyber Demons that attack you after you take the BFG to free yourself from the pit.

Which is obviously something else I need to fix.

Meh, most people will grab your "trap weapons" anyway. The other half of your traps are when you approach/hit a switch or grab a key.

I mean, you're using a Pistol in Map11, so who wouldn't want to grab that "free" shottie?

In the starting section of Map11, you're stuck with a Pistol until you find that bait Shottie...unless you're a big cheater. >_>;

This whole update thing is most interesting. If maps are gonna get tweaked and the new episode is less linear I will be playing through it again.

I've just played the first 5 maps of your wad, Spork.
They play and look sexy as hell!
Simple and good looking:)
I'm looking forwad to try them in coop.

Good luck with the last part.

I played Simplicity as soon as you posted this news BloodShedder and well it is my:

Best Wad of all time :D

I seriously enjoyed it alot and it had what no other wads had.

2 New Bosses but they were proper bosses with a boss health bar, attacks and weaknesses.

It seemed like Doom because when i went on new game it was split into episodes, the overall feel was a doom/doom2 hybrid.

Beautifully designed maps and skies taking full advantage of GZDoom with mirrors, transluceny.

I can't wait for the next release!

I cannot start Simplicity on Zdoom. I tried it, it said a line is wrong and a flag is wrong or something like that. Help!

Darmuss said:

I've just played the first 5 maps of your wad, Spork.
They play and look sexy as hell!
Simple and good looking:)
I'm looking forwad to try them in coop.

Good luck with the last part.

Then you're going to get completely blown away by the later maps. The first 5 suck compared to the rest of the set. I refused to believe it until I played it through. The final few maps were absolutely incredible. I think the best map in the set is Map19 - Long Library.

Totally agreed _DLD_ :) also you'll be blown away by Map20 - Eternal Void. Because the music is haunting and it fit's in with the void i stood there for a minute staring into the void with imaginations also that level gave me quite a bit of slow down.

Map20 shows Spork's inate ability to rip off DOOM64 and improve upon the varous themes therein.

I loved the map, though I think the secret exit was a little obvious...and it wasn't tagged a secret either. >:\

-_DLD_- said:

I think the secret exit was a little obvious...and it wasn't tagged a secret either. >:\

Well, better it be a little bit easy to find than so impossibly difficult to find that nobody ever finds it without looking at the wad in an editor. :P

I'm just wondering...what's up with the secret level? I didn't get it at all. I'm assuming it's some hilarous joke based off something else...

Oh, and how do you convert the Intermission and Between Levels musics to midi or mus? They're .lmps. >:\

No I did not just read that.

Edit: Knowing what ROTT is is basic oldschool FPS knowledge. Educate yourself plz.

Sign in to follow this