Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Simplicity Cancelled

Agent Spork has made it known that he is cancelling his Simplicity project:

I am sick of working on this project, and I’ve never really enjoyed working on it in the first place. Therefore, I’ve decided to cancel it for good this time. The only reason I even bothered to continue work on it was because of the people constantly pestering me about the problems the original release had, not being completely finished and all.

Feel free to fawn and beg of him not to do so, but I don't think it will do much good.

It's good to know that you're more interested in the fact that you're the second person to comment on this than the fact that I'm putting an end to one of my largest (and last) projects. Just helps to reinforce my decision.

Wait, I thought Simplicity was already released? Now I'm just confused!

FINE, I HOPE YOU DO CANCEL THE PROJECT! YOU DESERVE TO FOR CONFUSING ME, YOU JERK!

Anyway, on a more serious, that really does suck. The first two episodes were amazing, and I was really looking forward to more :( Oh well, guess there's always KDIZD to look forward to.

Ralphis said:

This isn't april fools, this was announced on IRC two days ago

and reannounced today! :O

What about removing the existing version off idgames? Shouldn't it be deleted?

gargoylol said:

good riddance to crapy wads

Much as I respect Sporky: amen.

If this is an April Fools joke, it's a bad one.

If, however, it is not, could you release what you have? It'd be a shame to go to waste - even if it is only 2 more finished maps.

hey buddy, if I didn't cancel Doom Jr 2 yet, then you can't cancel this >:(

RandomMarine said:
It's his wad, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

As long as he does it in his room and doesn't share... yick!

I can understand that you wouldn't want to work on it anymore, if your only motivation was people whining about how it's not exactly the way they want it.

Graf Zahl said:

If, however, it is not, could you release what you have? It'd be a shame to go to waste - even if it is only 2 more finished maps.

I agree, but I would hope that the updated versions of the original 21 maps and the 4 unfinished new maps are released as well.

AgentSpork already did too much work to Simplicity v2 that he would just cancel it and crap the work he has already done :) C'mon, don't believe everything ;)

if you expect me to believe this isn't april fools' it should've been posted yesterday or tomorrow.

liar's day is in full effect. i even went ahead and posted batman yaoi in my journal.

Graf Zahl said:

Yeah, I don't think this would make a very good April Fools joke. I didn't even realize April 1 had hit until after I posted the update on my site.

As for releasing the two maps I've finished, I really don't think it's worth it, especially with the current state of the WAD. Everything's a mess, and a lot of the maps are currently not functioning properly, especially since I had been doing a lot of modifications to my scripts when I converted everything to a Library (something I probably should have done months ago). I could fix it up and upload it, but that would take more work than it's worth, especially considering how badly everything has turned out.

Dr. Zin said:

You still going to map for Doom?

Hell no! Why would anyone want to do that? It doesn't even got 3 dimensions.