Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Action Doom 2 (Not Really) In Production - Sneak Peek

The creator of the greatest Doom modification ever, "Scuba Steve" Browning, has just released to us that the production of its sequel, which will again be the greatest Doom modification ever, is now in full swing. Scuba Steve has been courteous enough to provide to us detailed information about the sequel, as well as some concept art.

(img)ACTION DOOM. Those two words together send chills down every Doomer's spine. Those who have not played it surely deserve a fiery eternity in Hell's deepest depths. Quite possibly one of the most groundbreaking modifications in the history of gaming ever, Action Doom fuses the seminal environment of Doom with the ever-popular gameplay concepts and execution of the world's best 2D action-arcade shooter games.

(img)2174. The UAC has once again placed itself in a quandry. Now funded by the United States government, their Site 4 Labs complex is being overrun by demons from hell unleashed by their teleportation experiments. Not content with simple hellspawn, however, the UAC has also genetically modified the creatures with alien DNA. Now it's up to you, as part of an elite task force, to sort out what has happened.

Action Doom thrusts the player through four pulse-pounding levels of sheer arcade mayhem and madness. Dodging bullets in midair, those who play must vigorously fight to survive the onslaught of enemies. Its unique minigame, Doom Racer, is yet another highlight. Now, ten years later after the events of Action Doom...

The US Government, as well as the UAC, was not very happy with your handling of the Site 4 Labs situation. Twenty more years of prison and hard labor on Mars await you, but you can't take any more if it.

(img)Talk is raging amongst the inmates about a jailbreak going down tonight. This isn't the first you've heard of it. You know who the convicted masterminds are, and you are determined to escape with them.

In addition to its groundbreaking single-player campaign, Action Doom 2 will also feature a Team-based deathmatch mode. Battle with your friends and foes over a multitude of maps certain to be much more fun than Dwango 5.

(img)Boasting an all-new physics engine, and taking advantage of all the features offered by today's modern source ports, Action Doom 2 promises to be the pinnacle of gaming perfection. No other Doom modification will be able to stand against it. Scuba Steve will once again blow our minds while simultaneously emptying our rectums.

Action Doom 2, as with any truly-inspired Doom modification, will be released "When It's Done," and will utilize the Eternity Engine. In celebration of this grand announcement, with Scuba Steve's permission, Doomworld will now be known as Actionworld.

Bloodshedder said:

,with Scuba Steve's permission, Doomworld will now be known as Actionworld.

At least it's not McDoomWorld this year... :D

Heh, you really think Doomers are stupid enough to fall for two April Fools?

Well, guys, hurry and register actionworld.com...

Grazza, some noob at Newdoom or Planetdoom browsing by might (have)!

Grazza said:
Too late! Seems our esteemed sponsors already have it.

Marv of Telefragged and UGO are going to hire "Scuba Steve" Browning to make commercial Action series releases (including a varied range, from Action Smurfs to Action Duke Nukem Forever, plus the special Millennium Action.) Scuba's salary will be even greater than Linguica's retirement pay.

Will this one have slopes? ehehe

I knew action doom 2 will never exist because Steve said so. :P

edit: and isn't the main page supposed to be modified again? (insert clever idea for actionworld theme)

This is nothing compared to Slashdot. They colored it pink (supposedly to attract more females to the site) and it's getting overrun with crap.

This is awesome, I've always dreampt of Action Doom 2, and now it'll finally be mine! MINE, not yours.

Scuba Steve said:

This is not a joke!

You're just saying that so I will take off my pants for you. But I'll have you know that I am clevurr. I see through your devius web of lies and impse.

Aprils fools joke or not I too love the weapons.

And I'd massage scuba steve's feet to get a sequel!
And man do I hate feet!

(and scuba divers.)

Well, it does say that it'll be released "when it's done" which is true no matter what... If no work is done on it, obviously it will never be done! :)

Anyway, is Action Doom really that big of a deal? The first one was way too short, and due to the linearity of the maps, VERY VERY boring. <_<

Also, why Eternity? Why not just Zdoom 96x?

Also, maybe you should wait till you've got maps to show before you start giving out all this concept art.

Craigs said:

linearity

You obviously didn't find the alternate routes, otherwise you wouldn't be saying that.

Also, why Eternity? Why not just Zdoom 96x?

Perhaps it's the engine of choice for this project? I dunno.. just a hunch.

Also, maybe you should wait till you've got maps to show before you start giving out all this concept art.

If you knew anything about concept art, which you obviously don't, then you'd know that concept art is usually made in the very early stages of a project. Asking for finished maps before concept art is just.. not smart.