Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LexiMax

The /newstuff Chronicles #291

I think the problem was that Pcorf was so used to being showered with praise by Deathz0r no matter how crappy his wads were, that he felt that all reviewers should treat him with as much praise as his beloved Death-E-Poo.

Craigs said:

I think the problem was that Pcorf was so used to being showered with praise by Deathz0r no matter how crappy his wads were, that he felt that all reviewers should treat him with as much praise as his beloved Death-E-Poo.

Yes, it's all deathz0r's fault! Your intelligence really shines through when you share your amazing finds such as this.

Ack, I don't mean to put the blame on Deathz0r, what I'm trying to say is that it was wrong of Pcorf to expect every single /newstuff reviewer to give him good reviews like Deathz0r does. It is in no way Deathz0r's fault. I'm sorry if that's what it sounded like I was lashing out at Deathz0r.

Hobbs: Why do you always try to flame me at every chance you get? Did I ever do something to upset you? If so what was it?

I don't actually, I've much better things to do. However I've enough sense to know when an honest question is being asked, so check your PM.

Craigs said:

Did I ever do something to upset you? If so what was it?

Maybe because you post without thinking? Next time, before you post you should ask yourself these following questions: 'Do I know what I'm talking about?' 'Do I know how to communicate my thoughts to other human beings?' 'Am I sure I know what I'm talking about?' If you answer NO to any of those questions, please spare us and remain silent.

Use3D said:

Maybe because you post without thinking? Next time, before you post you should ask yourself these following questions: 'Do I know what I'm talking about?' 'Do I know how to communicate my thoughts to other human beings?' 'Am I sure I know what I'm talking about?' If you answer NO to any of those questions, please spare us and remain silent.

This precisely is the reason no one hears much from me.

As for the maps, don't really have time to play them. As for the reviews, good work!

Whatever happened to pcorf?

I thought he was a pretty cool guy back in the day... maybe before he started to post so much here?

Dittohead said:
Whatever happened to pcorf?

Didn't pcorf (start to) "go bad" after he tried to start some community project and it failed to make progress? He later released some maps related to it in a small set, and then he acted lamely around another project (the Heretic wad), perhaps out of envy because other projects did take flight?

Plus his spelling has strangely improved from what I can remember; is that really Paul Corfiatis? (Heh, okay, I better get my tinfoil hat off now.)

I think had he let enough people just play his wads and give 3rd party views before replying to everything things would have been better. There's nothing worse than an author getting involved in an exchange with a reviewer (in a relatively public system like a forum) before people really comment.

<insert sinister music here>

Anyways, it's hard to rag on a reviewer given everybody has their own preferences, but I guess that's why you can reply and add on to the reviews, ne pas? hazaah. Reviews have been pretty bang on lately, or so it seems to me.

Whisper's of Satan

Since you're making the best megawad ever, you might want to apply the rules of English grammar to the title before the tsunami of frothing anticipation hits and it becomes too late.

He's probably going to have a quite of bit of time to work on it before anyone expects him to upload it considering he's been losered. Either that or he's going to submit it to the Doom Wad Station so he'll get a "UBAR GUD REVIEW."

I am participating in making of whisper of satan with pcorf, and the idea actually begun already over a year ago when he was visiting me in Finland last august-september. We were sitting on the porch of our summer cottage and started to brainstorm about a new project for doom2 that we'd make after finishing off death tormention 3. I had never met pcorf before his trip here but had known him for over 7 years over the internet. We let the idea float around for about a year because we had so much other things to do. I had my work and my other hobby that I love which is producing psychedelic trance music and it took almost all my time along with work and keeping close relationships alive and well, which is all the usual stuff that keeps us away from doom (although it is our true love supreme!) ;) haha... Well, I have managed to arrange my time so now that we were able to finally start working on the project. It must have been very frustrating for pcorf to keep waiting, although he had his own ups & downs in life that kept him off doom as well like we all have. Some of us just keep having much more of those bad days than the others. But it's what keeps us growing as people. My point is that we are all different people and have our own opinions about things and have our own gifts and flaws, like some of us (pcorf for example) might have a bad time standing a bit of critic which just might upset us to an extent where we get out of line and just don't give a damn about anything anymore and start to be an asswipe to everybody. I also don't sometimes stand a bad word about my music because I have my own vision of things and like to stand behind them until the end. Pcorf also has his own vision of his wads, like we all do, and it seems he want's to try and experiment many different styles in them, sometimes he puts in a bit more effort to a wad than other times. But we (by we I mean all of us creative people, not just pcorf & me) can't please everybody with the creative work that we do and there will always be people that don't understand the stuff we do. If we see that someone can't stand critic the least we can do if he starts to behave irrationally because of it is not to pour any more water to the mill to give him more reason to behave irrationally. It's narrow-minded and just moves bad feelings from one person to another and the domino-chain just keeps going forward.

It was wrong to say that whisper of satan will be the best megawad for doom2 to date, I agree with that. One should never say something before it is done and seen to be of its value. That doesn't change my friendship with Paul, he is a good friend to me although he lives on the other side of the planet.

I just want to say that we will be slowly working on the whisper of satan megawad, just the two of us like in death tormention 2 & 3. We will put all our love for doom that we have into the project and will make it the way it will end up to be when it is finished. I don't expect anyone of you to like it, but don't judge it already by the words and sometimes weird actions of a human being of our planet earth that we all populate together. We all are sometimes weird and do weird things because of weird reasons. The megawad is slowly progressing and will be done by the time when doom turns 15 years old. I wish you all a nice day from this day forth to the rest of your lives. -Kristian Aro