Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #310

Yay! I approve also. Although I wonder what signifies a "sharp decline in quality"-- MAP15 is the only one I can think of that I left kind of plain... I thought it was warranted.

Ah well. I liked making it anyway.

deathz0r said:

Man have I crapped on too much, it's still a fun WAD regardless of all the stolen material!

Don't some of our releases have massive amounts of stolen materials

DarkJedi188 said:

But this incident certainly proves that we need at least 2 reviewers for every issue of /Newstuff. Since apparently a single person can not sufficiently accomodate every type of WAD for every type of port.

The answer you're going to get is newstuff is a service done on a reviewer's free time and they can review what they or don't want, use whatever port they feel like, etc etc. You will also eventually get mega flamed for using the word need.

Haven't you ever read a newstuff thread?!

Thank you for another quality /newstuff review session. I lurk here regularly, mostly so I can read these things, so it significantly brightens my day when I check and see that there's a new /newstuff out.

Keep up the good work, men.

the rocket launcher from that zombie wad is from SiN
a quake 2 engine based game from ritual
quite a fun game, altough it got bad reviews because of the haunting bugs and delaying devs...

It also occupied what would be considered an ungodly amount of HD space for it's time.

GuntherDW said:

the rocket launcher from that zombie wad is from SiN
a quake 2 engine based game from ritual
quite a fun game, altough it got bad reviews because of the haunting bugs and delaying devs...

Not to mention the long ass loading times.
I'm personally disappointed. Where's the massive flame war? Where are the drama queens raising hell because their wads got bad review?

lol well i'm still boycotting newstuff, because the guy that does newstuff is a useless wanker. and clearly the only reason my wad was missed in the first place is cost he only checks newstuff folder three times per year by which time most of the wads are gone anyway. Despite the fact I've seen people put forward their name, it's still this wanker that does it ALL the time... and he clearly doesn't give a fuck or put in an ounce of effort when there are others that could easily do a better job.

I know nobody cares anyway, it's not like I'm doing it because I think I'm depriving anybody of anything. I only put my wads on newstuff because it was the logical next step, but I, and nobody else is missing anything if I don't do it. I can make a wad and don't care if anybody else plays it. I've already completed 2 more wads and nearly finished a third and only me and a mate have actually set eyes on it, and it'll stay that way... fine!

Wankers!

I don't know about you, but I make maps so people can play them. And no one is keeping you from volunteering to do a /newstuff review... but by the tone of your voice, maybe you should pass. I wouldn't want people getting bad reviews because you have some personal internet vendetta against them.

KennyJC said:

I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME!

The reason we only have one newstuff reviewer is because whiners like you pissed the rest of them off.

KennyJC said:

I've seen people put forward their name, it's still this wanker that does it ALL the time...

Yeah there's a conspiracy going on here man, didn't you know?

We have to surface these evil wrongdoings of the Doomworld staff before they cause a catastrophic event that'll manipulate the world into their own personal desires! To arms MY BRETHREN

Stupid drama aside, he's right about that thing. There have been people offering to do /Newstuff. Can't say i remember who they were right now though.

Ralphis said:

I'm taking Kenny's side. deathz0r is a festering pile of dog snot

I think we can all agree on that, but what does that have to do with /ns?

KennyJC said:

some stuff about wankers or something...

I don't get it. Why are you still complaining? You got your review and it was a decent one at that.

Craigs' title says:
The only idiot here besides Csonicgo

...and KennyJC.

kristus said:

Stupid drama aside, he's right about that thing. There have been people offering to do /Newstuff. Can't say i remember who they were right now though.

Sure, but very few of them have actually delivered on doing a full /newstuff. I've been asked a fair few times this year to cover someone else's ass because they either disappeared for a long time or decided not to do it in the end.

That said, the ball is in anyone's hands until mid-December, I suggest that whoever wants to step up had better deliver or else you'll most likely piss off BS and it definitely will not help the cause of him relying on other people. As late as I have been recently, I still make sure that I deliver the goods.

On that note, I'd love to see Ralph take on a week of /newstuff Chronicles seeing as he's been shitting on my face lately about it.

Hmm I'll take a look at what's in. If I do get anything finished, I'll probably PM you deathz0r seen as I have no idea where to upload the screenshots or other such basic stuff.

BoldEnglishman said:

Hmm I'll take a look at what's in. If I do get anything finished, I'll probably PM you deathz0r seen as I have no idea where to upload the screenshots or other such basic stuff.

If you want to do /newstuff, go to me for information how to do it, not deathz0r.

kristus said:

It was ME

KennyJC said:

lol well i'm still boycotting newstuff, because the guy that does newstuff is a useless wanker. and clearly the only reason my wad was missed in the first place is cost he only checks newstuff folder three times per year by which time most of the wads are gone anyway. Despite the fact I've seen people put forward their name, it's still this wanker that does it ALL the time... and he clearly doesn't give a fuck or put in an ounce of effort when there are others that could easily do a better job.

I know nobody cares anyway, it's not like I'm doing it because I think I'm depriving anybody of anything. I only put my wads on newstuff because it was the logical next step, but I, and nobody else is missing anything if I don't do it. I can make a wad and don't care if anybody else plays it. I've already completed 2 more wads and nearly finished a third and only me and a mate have actually set eyes on it, and it'll stay that way... fine!

Wankers!

Whine.

Has anyone noticed in EPIC.WAD all 32 levels have their names changed ? Is that Eternal guy is preparing us a full 32-level wad of EPIC goodness ? Anyway, a mapset so good I was thinking it was the Eternal Doom IV preview TeamTNT was talking about earlier. Definitely deserves a cacoward.

Sine Die was also a good mapset, but I have the same feelings about the first level, and I could advance in it only by jumping - was that necessary ? I mean, was it designed with the ability to jump in mind ?

I'm not truely a fan of those Doom episodes remakes (aren't we already have KZiZD ?), and Belial starting making maps make me somewhat curious.

Naan said:
Has anyone noticed in EPIC.WAD all 32 levels have their names changed ? Is that Eternal guy is preparing us a full 32-level wad of EPIC goodness ?

The names beyond level 5 are from Revolution! (and the MapInfo lump has but the first 5). I'm guessing the author used the DeHackEd patch from TVR! as a template and then forgot to delete the entries for levels 6-32. Incidentally, TVR! also has a train level, which may well have inspired the one Eternal made for Epic.

EDIT: The only odd thing is that I think TVR! doesn't come with a DEH file. Perhaps Eternal made one to play it, for personal use.