Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Portable Doom Format

I've used that headline before, but who cares. Jussi Pakkanen has released version 1.7 of Wad2PDF, for creating portable document format representations of Doom maps. Says he:

This is most likely the final release. It fixes all known bugs and the output is now 100% compliant with the PDF spec.

I just tried it out and it is pretty nifty and well done overall. At first I wasn't sure there was much practical application for it, but I suppose it could be useful on occasion. It might provide mappers an easier way to show off their work (though for single maps that can probably still be done faster by taking a screenshot in the editor), or it may just be fun to look around at the layouts of different maps. Good work, regardless.

Fredrik said:

It's written in an appropriate programming language.

<immature> if you like python so much, why don't you marry it?! </immature>

yeah, 4chan has already seen thhis apparently and made maps of it. these would look GREAT on the doom wiki.

A neat little utility - what it does it does well! A lot of typing involved if you want to create a visual catalog of your wad collection. Readers with ducopromptuphobia (fear of the command prompt) will have to look elsewhere or code a GUI.

GreyGhost said:

A neat little utility - what it does it does well! A lot of typing involved if you want to create a visual catalog of your wad collection. Readers with ducopromptuphobia (fear of the command prompt) will have to look elsewhere or code a GUI.

Oh, the magic of .bat files with inputs.

Csonicgo said:

Can't you just drag n' drop? even most Command line programs support this...

Tried drag-dropping, no output files appeared for me...

Steeveeo said:

Tried drag-dropping, no output files appeared for me...

Drag n' drop will work if you've created a .gwa file for the wad - as explained in the tutorial.

EDIT - Drag n' drop works with IWADs. Can't get it to work with PWADs - probably because Wad2pdf has to know which Iwad to grab the images from :(

Yeah, did the GWA stuff before, dunno what happened, redownloading the thing seemed to fix it. Oh well, just another harmless glitch on my weird comp.

Sign in to follow this