Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #325

udderdude said:

Ah, memories of backing up my WADs before using NWT, out of fear that it would trash it into oblivion. :P

hah, seconded :D

Thunderpeak looks amazing, detail and architecture wise, good to see stuff that looks like it's worth downloading popping up again!

udderdude said:

Ah, memories of backing up my WADs before using NWT, out of fear that it would trash it into oblivion. :P

Should have used Nwt Pro 1.14b

Gasp, Traysandor reviewing maps on doomworld. What is this place coming to! :D

It's a novel concept called "Equal Opportunity". Gives everyone a chance to have their opinions, value systems, aesthetic sensibilities & etc. challenged and/or ridiculed. :P

You are correct. KDiKDiZD does indeed predate Doom and all computers.

On a related note, certain spacedm levels have been discovered on ancient clay tablets!

Haven't you heard? KDIKDIZD is a time-traveling WAD. That's how Essel's team keeps so hush-hush about it: by sending it through the vortex of time. I've tried searching in the Stone Age, the 1800's, and just two years prior to Doom's release, but I always blink my eye and it disappears to another wink of time. =(

rf` said:

Gasp, Traysandor reviewing maps on doomworld. What is this place coming to! :D

What I do here doesn't have much to do with what I do in other places. I'm here because I still like to play Doom, and it never ceases to amaze me what can still be done to a computer program soon to be 14 years old. Albeit most people don't work with the vanilla variations anymore (or with Original/Ultimate Doom for that matter since most wads use Doom2 as their base), that's perfectly okay as long as the spirit lives on.

I don't know why people were waiting for Thunderpeak being released as standalone maps, as it was released on a community project which, having completed it by now, is not bad at all expect a few maps, like on any community project. If CC2 was trashed out like ZPack was because of GeneBird maps, a lot of people would have missed BPRD's Mucus Flow, which wasn't even released as a standalone level.

Traysandor said:

...Albeit most people don't work with the vanilla variations anymore (or with Original/Ultimate Doom for that matter since most wads use Doom2 as their base)...

I do.

I think most are forgetting that KDIKDIZD has already been completed. Essel has been sent back in time from the future to ensure that KDIKDIZD is released by motivating the authors to actually do it. Elsewise the DOOM community will surely fall.

And if KDiKDiZD becomes stalled forever, then when Essel goes back to the future, the whole world will be ruled by apes or something. It's complicated.

If KDIKDIZD gets stalled, Millennium WILL be finished sometime yesterday. If all goes well however, Millennium will be finished around 3009.

Creaphis said:
the whole world will be ruled by apes or something.

It's pretty much ruled by apes right now, so...

It's more complicated than that. Like Merlyn, KDIKDIZD exists backwards in time...

myk said:

It's pretty much ruled by apes right now, so...

Some simians can't keep a secret. You've most likely ruined what's meant to be the highlight of the Presidential Inauguration - when McCain peels off the rubber latex mask to reveal his true face. :-)

GreyGhost said:

Some simians can't keep a secret. You've most likely ruined what's meant to be the highlight of the Presidential Inauguration - when McCain peels off the rubber latex mask to reveal his true face. :-)

[Spoiler: He's a Proboscis monkey.]

That wouldn't be an ape. Although he might fit a definition of gorilla (or maybe more so in Spanish).

But heh, he does look like he has a mask sometimes. He's probably something else, though.