Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

NewDoom Community Project 2 Released

Good god it took just as long to get out the door as the first lol

Congratz to everyone who was involved, I am happy that you were all able to pull off a second :)

i was going to wait until i was sober to give a full impression, but i wanted to jump ahead in time and just say: what the fuck happened with map 2? it totally destroyed my computer. i didn't try it in hardware, but software was unplayable...
and i've got a fairly o.c.d-clean and capable system.
everything looks really nice though. map 29 kicks ass.

yeah, i really enjoyed the first map, but i quit when the second one loaded. kinda unplayable.

Xtife said:

Good god it took just as long to get out the door as the first lol

Congratz to everyone who was involved, I am happy that you were all able to pull off a second :)

It actually took longer! By a couple months, even. Haha.

Looks like there's still one or two minor things that are still amiss after weeks of bugtesting (primarily not even gameplay/compatibility things at this point), but at least it's out there and it'll probably be updated very shortly.

Can't say I forsee any desire to make a third with only two being produced in nearly 7 years, but it was a blast working on it anyway, and I think it turned out really, really great. One of the most consistent community projects in terms of quality.

Good job, everyone who worked on it--especially Jetflock, who contributed craploads in terms of maps, textures and graphics, and Macro and DooMAD for finding and squashing bugs. And of course, Mr. Smasher himself for leading it, and all the mappers involved. We did it, FINALLY! We're free!

dutch devil said:

Its nice to see it has finally been released, I am hoping for an NDCP3.

You've got only one month to do it, though.

Wow, Map01 is really nice (as expected), but Map02 is lagging like hell and I was unable to play it at all!
I took a quick look at the 3rd map, but the extremely cramped layout and the IMHO unnecessary switch-hunts made me quit... Maybe I'll pick the wad up later.

dutch devil said:

That map isn't in NDCP2, its currently rotting away on my hd.

*sigh*

release it when it's rotten and putrid enough ;)

Im sure the guys will have all the major bugs sorted quickly. Its nice to see a new wad that everyone seems to be wanting to play.

Torr Samaho said:

*sigh*

release it when it's rotten and putrid enough ;)

If my hd starts to smell like rotten eggs, then I know its ready for an release :p

I cant figure out what to do in level two after killing the cyberdemon in the courtyard! I press the switch and the barriers come down and that's as far as i get! Anyone know what to do next?

This wad looks great! But I don't want to have to cheat though it...

Shuck said:

I cant figure out what to do in level two after killing the cyberdemon in the courtyard! I press the switch and the barriers come down and that's as far as i get! Anyone know what to do next?

You have to type "idclip" and go through the door. I checked in Doom Builder, there is no way to open that door back, none at all.

esselfortium said:

I had the same issue with map02.

what port did you use? map02 is unplayable, at least in gzdoom. it runs so slow my screen was like frozen. i had to skip it. any chance for a revision of ndcp2?

Or you may have a faster computer than the posters here ;)

For me, Map02 run's a little slower than the other maps, but my FPS still remains more than high enough to be able to play it.

Most definitely not! It's an old piece of crap laptop from Acer.

The thing is, with GZDoom I get slowdowns during which there's pretty much no other choice but to call the menu and alt-tab to something else for a while, checking back periodically to see if the menu selector skull has resumed blinking at its usual pace. If so, it's playable again, if not it has to wait some more. I get them more often with complex maps like that one than with simpler ones, and I get them less as well if I turn GL options (like dynamic lights) off. But I still get them anyway even if everything (even textures!) are turned off and playing the original IWADs. Between two slowdowns, it's very fast and fluid, even that map.

Good stuff indeed.

Well, I just completed the first map w/ pistol start, and I won't spoil (ie iddt my way through the wad) myself this time.

Map01 layout is nice, but it seems to follow the unepic/unexiting way that all megawad's Map01 follows.

On to Map02...

Edit : oh that looks epic now. Works ok while a bit laggy on my GZDoom.

Map02 was laggy but 75% of it was gone when I disabled the special effects from Beauty Doom. I did encounter the stuck bug described above though.

I feel really stupid right about now.
Yeah map02 was mine, and it is undergoing a fix... I found out that line action 254 needs a tag or it creates scrollers. [Thank you Enteryway for that], and that I messed up the yellow key. It is all being fixed as well as some other bugs pointed out by helpfull users. I am just very sorry you all had to suffer through that for the second map in the megawad... please do not let that deture you from playing the rest.

Neat! I'm really enjoying it so far, and I haven't encountered those problems with map02, either.

That being said, there is a brown paper bag bug in map31 - the exit line for the super-secret level is set as Impassable.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it so far, though - this'll be a serious Cacoward contender. :)