Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64EX 1.4 released

Ok, everything works great! Except none of the fonts on any menu or status bar or intermission screens work. I believe they are present but not in the location they are supposed to be. Where number or what have you be, it is represented with a plain red box. Also the skull on the option screen is not apparent also.

Arch-Valentine said:

I just got a Error - p_unarchi vespecials: Unknown Tclass 192 in savegame when I was quickloading in the 2nd level after I died...:|

Make sure you're using the right version. Try redownloading again since I've made a ton of fixes to the savegame issue. If this persists then your current savegame may have got corrupted since the initial release and may need to restart the level.

Technician said:

Ok, everything works great! Except none of the fonts on any menu or status bar or intermission screens work. I believe they are present but not in the location they are supposed to be. Where number or what have you be, it is represented with a plain red box. Also the skull on the option screen is not apparent also.

Screenshot please. Also list me your machine specs, and also bring down the console and type 'printglext' (without quotes) and list me what is listed in GL_EXTENSIONS.TXT.

Kaiser said:

Make sure you're using the right version. Try redownloading again since I've made a ton of fixes to the savegame issue. If this persists then your current savegame may have got corrupted since the initial release and may need to restart the level.

Yeah I redownloaded it right after you posted this:

Kaiser said:

Doom64EX 1.4 reuploaded with the fix for multi-core processors. Please read the readme, or head to the news section of the website (http://doom64ex.sourceforge.net/news.html) to read up on how to configure this fix.

So unless you put in new fixes since that post...Anyways, I'll redownload it again. I guess I'll make two save game files, one at the beginning of each level and one where I'm making progress through said level. *sigh*

Its probably because you were continuing off of the samegave in which was created from the 'broken' version of d64ex. Unfortuently you'll have to start off from a fresh savegame to avoid future issues.

3 new bugs I've found(yes this is in the newest build, with the SDL_mixer fix.)

When you turn on Invincibility on the features menu the Doomguy seems to go at about a 5th of his regular speed, I couldn't get it to fix without reloading a saved game, also, turning off invincibility does nothing to fix this.

I have a save game that causes a crash, yes this was saved and loaded with the newest version, so there must be some other problem. Here is the save : http://www.mediafire.com/?gjgg4ztuvm3

When you are playing online multiplayer, if you hold a directional key then press "T" to talk, the you permanently move in the direction you pressed until the level ends, it's very annoying and hindering to the game, as the only way to reset it is to restart the network game, or end the level. Also, the "sticky" keys can stack. For exmaple, if you hold forward and press T, then hold backward and press T, you are unable to move forward or backward because in the game both are being pressed, so you can only strafe until the game ends.

The input stuff will have to wait for now, it'll take longer than what I expected. This also applies for the console as well.

Despite a crash or two, I'm really enjoying this. Thank you, Kaiser, for your efforts.

I've never played Doom 64 before, actually, in any incarnation. My impression is that it's the "missing link" between the original Dooms and Doom 3. It's far more like the originals, of course, but the level design is based on discrete, separated fights, heavy use of sudden monster spawning as a trap, and linear level progression.

Creaphis said:

Despite a crash or two, I'm really enjoying this.

Please feel free to share those crashes if possible plz. I want to get rid of them as much as possible.

I keep getting this message when I try to launch the game:

I_PNGREADDATA: FAILED ON SETJMP

Patrick said:

I keep getting this message when I try to launch the game:

I_PNGREADDATA: FAILED ON SETJMP

Re-generate the iwad. You're still using the old version of the iwad.

IRANianCha0s said:

Just extract all the OGG files to your Music folder and change mus_type to 1 in config.cfg [/B]

and rename all *.mp3 to *.ogg, otherwise it will not work ;)

IRANianCha0s said:

Well, just delete whatever .mp3 files you have in there, since the .ogg files will replace them.

He means update the config so they point to the ogg files and not the mp3 files :)

im already writing a storyline and designing levels for a sequal to doom 64 using this games engine. i cant wait till an editor comes out for this. ive already studied up on how to edit things...

if anyone wants to help design characters (archies, mankies, revenants)weapons, levels, or music, pm me.

also, someone should make a network game launcher like internet doom explorer for this.

I've just tried the last build and have a few remarks.

1. I still can reproduce that bug with corrupted savegame near the end of the second level. Possible error messages:

Error - P_UnarchiveSpecials:Unknown tclass 192 in savegame
Error - P_UnarchiveSpecials:Unknown tclass 64 in savegame

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1b03h9/n/doomsav4.rar

2. Password system doesn't seem to save my shotgun for some reason. When I enter password for Main Processing (for example), I have chaingun, chainsaw and lots of ammo, but shotgun is missing.

3. There's something wrong with the melting effect. Half-melted picture remains on screen for some time, then flickers instead of fading out (if it's supposed to fade out).

4. According to emulation, echo effect should work only in a few sectors. On Main Processing it can be heard everywhere.

5. Right mouse button is mouse3 in controls menu, and the middle button is mouse2. It's just odd. By the way, I think that "USE/OPEN" would look better than "USE OPEN".

6. I also think that mouse look and saving should be considered as cheats, but it's just my humble opinion. :)

Best wishes and thank you for your great work.

Da Werecat said:

2. Password system doesn't seem to save my shotgun for some reason. When I enter password for Main Processing (for example), I have chaingun, chainsaw and lots of ammo, but shotgun is missing.

Password algorithm is not accurate. I was aware of it but didn't bother to fix it since I didn't knew anyone would use it :\

Da Werecat said:

3. There's something wrong with the melting effect. Half-melted picture remains on screen for some time, then flickers instead of fading out (if it's supposed to fade out).

I am not properly doing the effect correctly and instead I am relying on the HOM effect instead. This effect completely fails on fullscreen mode.

Da Werecat said:

4. According to emulation, echo effect should work only in a few sectors. On Main Processing it can be heard everywhere.

Almost all sectors in Main Engineering (Map03) are flagged to echo. Not sure what to say about that one.

Kaiser said:

I am not properly doing the effect correctly and instead I am relying on the HOM effect instead. This effect completely fails on fullscreen mode.

I did not try fullscreen mode until now. Much better than in windowed, though I don't like this half-melting anyway.

Almost all sectors in Main Engineering (Map03) are flagged to echo. Not sure what to say about that one.

Interesting. When I've checked this level in Project64 1.6 (using password from EX - this time I've lost chaingun), only large rooms with those giant presses had an echo effect. Maybe its volume may vary (depending on some other sector properties), I don't know, this is too deep for me. :)

Da Werecat said:

Interesting. When I've checked this level in Project64 1.6 (using password from EX - this time I've lost chaingun),

Also bear in mind that the password system does not save every item accurately in the n64 version. Meaning you don't get the exact amount of ammo back when restoring a game with a password. Sometimes you would even lose weapons. Consider it as a 'lossy' password system.

Though somewhere I screwed up the D64ex version where the shotgun/chaingun information has been swapped around.