Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #349

MartinHowe said:
Please could there be a notice at the top of every /newstuff saying which (of the WADs being reviewed) the title screenie comes from?

That question and request made sense before the advent of the current way T/nC is displayed on the front page. But now...

There's an excerpt of a review and a small pic. What else could the pic refer to but the WAD being mentioned in the excerpt?

myk said:

There's an excerpt of a review and a small pic. What else could the pic refer to but the WAD being mentioned in the excerpt?

Oh right! I didn't realise the front page blurb for a /newstuff always contained an actual excerpt of a review; so often the front page blurb reads just like the sarcastic ill-judged rants we see on tnc itself; at least now I know why :)

OK, that's solved then, so thanks! And I will definitely download longdays just to see what all the fuss is about :)

Heh - there's nothing like a little controversy to spark people's curiosity and if this thread's any guide entryway could have a great career waiting for him in advertising. :D

After wandering around Long Days in four different engines (mainly in -nomonsters mode) I've concluded that the "LAMER SUXX!" message is no accident and is shorthand for "IT'S A TRAP - HAHAHA - TIME TO DIE SUCKER!". The downside of letting my curiosity get the better of me is having that damn song in my head for the next several days - thanks entryway.

GreyGhost said:

The downside of letting my curiosity get the better of me is having that damn song in my head for the next several days - thanks entryway.

Congratulations!
It seems you fall as the first victim of some kind of russian psychotronic attack (what is probably remains of some KGB horrible inhumanity experiments).

May be this solution helps you. (If, of course, don't kill you finally.)

GreyGhost said:

The downside of letting my curiosity get the better of me is having that damn song in my head for the next several days - thanks entryway.

Technically it shouldn't even be on the archive because of that (Copyrighted MP3), but I don't think anyone really gives a shit about some song nobody's ever heard of.

Heh, I'm almost intrigued enough to download n' play Long Days now. Almost.

Also, the Knee-Deep in ZDoom joke is, what, four or five years old now? I've seen that very same wad a looong time ago. It was funny for the screenshot, naturally, though whoever saw fit to upload it to the archives must've been a real nutjob. :P

I was going to review Temple of the Lizardmen, but was just plain lazy to write something up.

Even if I like advanced edited stuff, I would be quite a bit less gentle than udderdude there. Granted the balance between new monsters and weapons is alright and the new textures and their usage make up for the general lack of detail, I would say that the levels were quite short and easy, and I would advise to skip map04 as it is really embarrasing to play - too much reliant on the usual doom monster's AI and pathfinding.

/me needs moar 32-inch-nails-like stuff from Eternal.

Sign in to follow this