Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > The /newstuff Chronicles #353
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jodwin
Forum Staple

I always knew that Ruba was an unsung genius, and Killing adventure only proves it. With everything taken into account, the mediocre level design, the presentation, the disrespect for serious Doomers and Dooming, it has to be one of the most entertaining releases this year.

Is it objectively great stuff? Hell no, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Old Post 09-21-09 07:06 #
Jodwin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mr. Freeze
etc.

There was a shitty wad and I didn't see it? Damn, I'm disappoint.

Old Post 09-21-09 14:41 #
Mr. Freeze is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

There's a glitch in Cyberdance? Can someone elaborate, as I only tested it with Skulltag (my default engine)...and what's this monster-proof sector all about by the way?

Old Post 09-21-09 16:31 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vermil

Mr. Chris said:
There's a glitch in Cyberdance? Can someone elaborate, as I only tested it with Skulltag (my default engine)...and what's this monster-proof sector all about by the way?

There isn't a glitch. The reviewer was presumebly confused or was thinking of a console version of Doom.

By monster proof sector, one could assume he means the fact that monsters can't enter the tower at tall, meaning you can just sit in there and pick at the Cyber everytime he passes an enterance, while the bad guys on the pillars outside can't see you to fire at you.

Old Post 09-21-09 17:20 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Maybe I'll revamp it later to make it hell for the player..but if I recall, the original id E2M8 ammo rooms were low enough to keep the cyberdemon from entering too..no?

Old Post 09-21-09 19:44 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Mr. Chris said:
Maybe I'll revamp it later to make it hell for the player..but if I recall, the original id E2M8 ammo rooms were low enough to keep the cyberdemon from entering too..no?

No. He could enter. He couldn't go in the inner nave, so it was kinda easy to just climb on a step opposite his chamber, just high enough that your chaingun and shotgun shots would hit him but low enough that his rockets would explode on the switch pillar. The fight with Spidey in E3M8 was challenging by comparison.

Heh, E1M8 is the least abusable of all boss levels in the original Doom trilogy.

Old Post 09-21-09 19:58 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
udderdude

Bloodshedder said:
If reviewing activity doesn't pick up, we might have another Chronicles in... about 6-8 weeks.

No, I'm lazy now.

Old Post 09-21-09 20:51 #
udderdude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Abyssalstudios1

Bloodshedder said:
If reviewing activity doesn't pick up, we might have another Chronicles in... about 6-8 weeks.

If people want it, I can turn on overdrive mode, but my reviews seem to gather likers and haters.

Old Post 09-21-09 23:18 #
Abyssalstudios1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Toenail
Forum Regular

I might like to try reviewing something, but I do not know where to send the review/screenshots, the Reviewing Centre does not make this clear as far as I can tell.

Old Post 09-22-09 16:33 #
Captain Toenail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Captain Toenail said:
I might like to try reviewing something, but I do not know where to send the review/screenshots, the Reviewing Centre does not make this clear as far as I can tell.

The review center will automatically submit your review to the proper channels; for the screenshots, put them on an image host like majhost.com and drop the links into the Notes field on the right.

Old Post 09-22-09 18:49 #
WildWeasel is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Jodwin said:
I always knew that Ruba was an unsung genius, and Killing adventure only proves it. With everything taken into account, the mediocre level design, the presentation, the disrespect for serious Doomers and Dooming, it has to be one of the most entertaining releases this year.

Is it objectively great stuff? Hell no, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Yea, i guess some people here just can't take a joke and hate everything that's not very serious.

Still, the maps have to be well made even though they are suppose to be funny.

A bland room is never pleasant too look at regardless of if or not the map is meant to be funny.

Old Post 09-27-09 23:34 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Gez said:
Heh, E1M8 is the least abusable of all boss levels in the original Doom trilogy.

Hmmm... I dunno, run forwards off the lift that takes you up to the star-shaped arena and run between the two baron rooms. The barons won't even wake up until you fire and you can conduct your fight with the spectres in the flat area beyond whilst the barons mong around in their cupboards. Then, when you are ready, peek around the side of the cupboards from the lower area and take pot shots at the barons, shepherding them so that they stay on the raised platform and near the cupboards. Like this, the level poses almost no threat what so ever. Not that I imagine many people have problems with it these days anyway. Mind you, I remember thinking how almost impossibly hard it was "back in the day". LOL

Old Post 09-28-09 00:08 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Has Ruba ever actually posted anywhere, or does he just post his masterworks and leave it to our fertile (and apparently jaded) imaginations to make up who he is based on his levels?

Just wondering.

Old Post 10-02-09 19:17 #
Kyka is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Kyka said:
Has Ruba ever actually posted anywhere, or does he just post his masterworks and leave it to our fertile (and apparently jaded) imaginations to make up who he is based on his levels?

Just wondering.

No...he is here amongst us right now.......FOR I AM RUBA!!!!(Takes of mask).

Old Post 10-02-09 20:03 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

hardcore_gamer said:
No...he is here amongst us right now.......FOR I AM RUBA!!!!(Takes of mask).

I know you're just kidding. But I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't been.

Old Post 10-02-09 20:12 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

kristus said:

I know you're just kidding. But I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't been.

Is that suppose to be some sort of a insult?

Old Post 10-02-09 21:06 #
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

hardcore_gamer said:

Is that suppose to be some sort of a insult?

No an joke *laughs*

Old Post 10-02-09 21:49 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Kyka said:
Has Ruba ever actually posted anywhere
He has <in b4 thread degenerates into an "I am RUBA!" FFA>

Old Post 10-03-09 05:26 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jekyll Grim Payne

Heh, I forgot to unmake black gloves for Plasmagun...

Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on 10-16-09 at 19:32

Old Post 10-16-09 12:02 #
Jekyll Grim Payne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote