Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
chungy

Chocolate Doom developer interviewed

Simon Howard, also known as fraggle, has been interviewed on fragorama.se, a new Swedish fansite for Doom. In it he discusses his motivations for making Chocolate Doom, his interests in the game, and other hobbies of his.

Fraggle rocks!

That was a fun read and that helicopter-mounted camera is sweet! He interviews well too.

Fraggle said:

I do a lot of the work on my laptop, an ASUS EeePC 901.

They are great aren't they. Mine fits in my cargo pants and I've got XP and Ubuntu Netbook on it so I can get used to Linux. I just really wish Linux had better mouse feel adjustments.

HackNeyed said:

They are great aren't they. Mine fits in my cargo pants and I've got XP and Ubuntu Netbook on it so I can get used to Linux. I just really wish Linux had better mouse feel adjustments.

Have you looked at synclient? It's a command line tool, but you can adjust quite a few mouse settings with it (depending on your touchpad, I think). Just a thought since I use it to "fix" the one on my main laptop.

And I agree, Fraggle rocks! I love Chocolate Doom. Been slowly learning how Doom works from its source code lately.

"Unlike other source ports that are constantly seeking to add new features, Chocolate Doom more of a continual process of refinement, so it’s possible I may eventually reach a point where there aren’t any more features to add. I’m sure there will always be bugs to fix, though"

Lovely, just what I wanted to hear, an honest, down-to-earth goal for a Doom port.

Are the other ports less honest? :p

They all have their places, most of them serving up tons of new features (although prboom seems mostly concerned with the compatibility of historic Boom-and-derived source ports, which is great too). Chocolate Doom's simply doing the opposite of most of them :)

Sign in to follow this