Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #392

Edit: Uhhhh, yeah. Vanguard is awesome. Of the few 2011 projects (and WADs) I've played, it's my favorite.

Vanguard is criminally good, I think its the only wad that I've fully completed this year as well, which says a lot because I don't play Doom anymore

Thanks for the positive review and all the positive comments about Vanguard here. They go a long way in motivating me to map :)

Speaking of mapping, I should have a new project ready to post here very soon! It's less ambitious than Vanguard and a bit more experimental but I think some of you may still like it.

skillsaw said:

Thanks for the positive review and all the positive comments about Vanguard here. They go a long way in motivating me to map :)

Speaking of mapping, I should have a new project ready to post here very soon! It's less ambitious than Vanguard and a bit more experimental but I think some of you may still like it.

I like experimental. Should be good stuff!

DeathevokatioN said:

Run forward, and let the crusher kill you, wait a while and you'll finish the level.

Thanks,that worked. I just kept reloading my save as soon as I died...

Anyway I beat Vanguard now. It's one of the best wads I've played, although I haven't played as many wads as most people here.

However I played on Ultraviolence and I'm not to fond of the levels with hundreds (thousands?) of enemies. I tend to find gameplay monotonous in those. In the last level I didn't even have enough ammo to kill the last wave and I ran through the entire level to pick up anything I had left, so I exited the level without killing everything which is always a let down for me.
I liked the first levels best.

I'm half way through Vanguard at the moment (Map 07)
Very impressive; great fun to play.

I like the July 1st blog where you imply that Doomworld is a sexist forum... Oh, and FYI, the wads that show up on /idgames' front page is the order in which they are submitted... Wraith uploaded a ton of wads at one time, thus taking over that section. There's no bias.

Snakes said:

I like the July 1st blog where you imply that Doomworld is a sexist forum... Oh, and FYI, the wads that show up on /idgames' front page is the order in which they are submitted... Wraith uploaded a ton of wads at one time, thus taking over that section. There's no bias.

Glad you enjoyed that.

And yet my file which was uploaded long before those still never showed up on that page.

Herculine said:

And yet my file which was uploaded long before those still never showed up on that page.

It appeared on "Newstuff Review Centre" though. When more 10 files get accepted by Ty at once, some are bound to get knocked off the front page.

It really has nothing to do with gender, Ty has much better things to do than follow up on stuff like that.

At least she's doing something creative, i'm in no way one of those 'yes' men but I think an attempt at making something for other people to enjoy is better than if she was sitting around writing reviews and urinating on a flannel

EDIT: also, Vanguard is simply amazing and I aspire to map like that, please continue mapping!

phobosdeimos1 said:

EDIT: also, Vanguard is simply amazing and I aspire to map like that, please continue mapping!

Wish granted, check out Lunatic!