Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Open Your Mind, Open Your Skull

Jump length? Might be the running speed? Or air control?

Also, another Hexen bug that got fixed in the end and should be checked whether it is still in Skulltag: player attacks must not push anything on damage. Exception make the Fighter melee attacks, because they cause an extra push independent on damage.

kristus said:

I also don't seem to recall my password so I can't log in either. But to be honest, I've never had any good experiences with reporting bugs anyway. Because they've either never been adressed, or they've only been partially adressed. So I feel a bit blazé about the whole thing.

About one and a half years ago, the bug handling has been moved to a bug tracker that is completely separated from the forum. Whatever experience you had with reporting bugs on the forum doesn't necessarily apply to the new tracker. There is only one thing I can say for sure, chances that I fix something that I don't know about are zero (ignoring the unlikely case that something is fixed accidentally...).

Gez said:

I think the issue must be this (fixed here).

Thanks! I'll backport the fix.

kristus said:

I doubt it.
It's not jumping height that is the issue. It's the length of the jump which is about 1.5-2 times as far. A gap that you would need the Fighter to jump in Hexen/Zdoom/Doomsday/Vavoom can be easily cleared by the Mage, the slowest character. Would 8 extra vertical units do that? Maybe, but I find it unlikely.

Then please make a report at our tracker and we can discuss all the details there.