Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Team Future Goes Black Mesa

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

Team Future has issued a challenge that if their facebook page gets 100 likes, they would deliver a new screenshot. Since they usually don't do this, it had better be good!

Old Post 07-29-12 03:15 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Would've been more interesting if it was a game play video.

Old Post 07-29-12 08:12 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Well we're starting with a modest 100 likes (we had 77 when we tweeted this). Starting small. "Advertising" Doom 3 mods is difficult, so any help is appreciated :P

Old Post 07-29-12 09:46 #
Shaviro is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Do you advertise your mod on other sites besides Moddb, Doo3world and Doomworld? I think it's a real shame that not a lot of people know about this mod and that the Doom 3 modding community died in 2006-2007.

One more question and I hope I won't irritate you. I know you guys are kind of done with the Doom 3 editor, but assuming the Doom 4 editor is really good, what do you think about continuing the project in Doom 4? Also, now that the source code for Doom 3 is released, have you thought about modifying the editor to suit your needs?

Last edited by DooM_RO on 07-29-12 at 16:28

Old Post 07-29-12 16:15 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

One like left!

Old Post 07-29-12 18:35 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

Time for the screenie :D

Old Post 07-29-12 18:48 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geX
Forum Regular

DooM_RO said:
Do you advertise your mod on other sites besides Moddb, Doo3world and Doomworld? I think it's a real shame that not a lot of people know about this mod and that the Doom 3 modding community died in 2006-2007.

One more question and I hope I won't irritate you. I know you guys are kind of done with the Doom 3 editor, but assuming the Doom 4 editor is really good, what do you think about continuing the project in Doom 4? Also, now that the source code for Doom 3 is released, have you thought about modifying the editor to suit your needs?

We mostly just do it on moddb, d3w and doomworld. Moddb gives fantastic feedback and is a great place to be. We also post the screens on quake3world.org to get some feedback from the great mappers over there. But mostly we just let the people post the news where they want. We did find our trailer on german and italian sites.

There is no way we will move the project to Doom 4. We are using pretty much all the Doom 3 assets you can think of. So that would be totally illegal. About the source code. We don't really have any manpower to do something like that. That's a whole different project. We want to finish this thing, and we won't really do that any faster by changing the editor and using a few months on that or whatever.

AND SCREENS! For those who liked or likes, thanks for the support! Keep it up :)

Screen1
Screen2

Last edited by geX on 07-29-12 at 19:59

Old Post 07-29-12 19:45 #
geX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

geX said:

We mostly just do it on moddb, d3w and doomworld. Moddb gives fantastic feedback and is a great place to be. We also post the screens on quake3world.org to get some feedback from the great mappers over there. But mostly we just let the people post the news where they want. We did find our trailer on german and italian sites.

There is no way we will move the project to Doom 4. We are using pretty much all the Doom 3 assets you can think of. So that would be totally illegal. About the source code. We don't really have any manpower to do something like that. That's a whole different project. We want to finish this thing, and we won't really do that any faster by changing the editor and using a few months on that or whatever.

AND SCREENS! For those who liked or likes, thanks for the support! Keep it up :)

Screen1
Screen2

BEAUTIFUL. Very very nice.

Old Post 07-29-12 21:14 #