Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > The /newstuff Chronicles #416
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doomguy 2000
Banned

It's just old versions of historical wads being removed, not much of a big deal since better versions of those wads still exist. The worst part about this is the reviews of those versions fading away in history.

Old Post 10-03-12 22:20 #
Doomguy 2000 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

"Better" is subjective. Sometimes it's nice to check out the original version of something. For example, it made me very happy to play Green Water, a prior version of Dark Covenant's MAP02, which was recently uploaded to /idgames. It has a medusa bug in one place, and wasn't as polished as the version in DC, but I'm still thankful for having the opportunity to experience it (I'm a BIG fan of DC, it's one of my top-10 Doom II wads).

Old Post 10-04-12 06:37 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Herculine

A very good point, hex11. More good examples of this would be the different versions of John Anderson's "Dante's Gate" and "Crossing Acheron" maps. It's very interesting to see how such a mapper's work evolved from one version to the next. New and experienced mappers alike could learn something from such examples.

Old Post 10-04-12 13:56 #
Herculine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote