Originally known as ZDCTF Anthology, Anthology CTF is the original ZDCTFMP trilogy polished to a mirror shine. Maps that have had long-standing issues have been fixed, less popular maps have been improved, and there have even been a few additions to the map pool from the best of the B-sides to round the map pack out at 32 maps. Many thanks to Nes and Hex_Vulture for their hard work, and now we can enjoy the fruits of their labor.
When making the server maplist, I tried to utilize the order of the maps to Nitro's advantage. I started with popular maps in reverse order (32 to 01), and from there added the rest of the maps in normal order.
For those of you that are skeptical about playing CTF or Doom online in general, I assure you all its just a fun time with other people that also like to play Doom. The great thing about Nitro is you don't have to be good at Doom multiplayer, you just have to play and have fun! Please enjoy this video of a previous Nitro session. Hopefully it will inspire some new-comers to give it a shot! :)
A short summary of non-cosmetic changes over ZDCTFMP:
- MAP04's thing bridges have been 100% fixed. No more odd bumps or holes.
- MAP06's central green pillar in the room outside of the flag room has been removed.
- MAP14 has been replaced with a shorter version.
- MAP16's window to the impse secret has been made solid.
- MAP17 has been replaced with a MP3 B-side: Technocracy
- MAP20 has been moved to MAP32. In its place is an MP3 B-side: Inner Limits
- MAP22 has significant changes to its layout:
* The refinery room and flag switch room are now connected by a hallway.
* The flag switch hallway and flag hallway are now connected by a teleporter.
* Mid now has a soulsphere.
* Chainguns are now in the corners of the water routes.
- MAP30 has significant changes to its layout:
* The four corners of the map are now hollowed out.
* The circumference of the map has been widened.
* The SSG is now against a wall, so you are no longer in danger of falling off the map.
* There is now an additional teleporter route.