Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doom's Belated Nonadecennial
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Deathmatcher said:
Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Nope.

Old Post 12-26-12 11:53 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ed

Thanks for the Cacoward guys, and for putting them together in such short notice amidst the holiday season and a massive Doomworld catastrophe.

I'm glad The Eye got an award. It's almost impossible to fathom that it's Mouldy's first map. Given that he approached it as an art project, I think it should stand as a fine example of the actual art form of Doom mapping itself.

Old Post 12-26-12 12:17 #
Ed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Second map, actually. Mouldy's first map is this one, which isn't bad either, even if less spectacular.

Old Post 12-26-12 12:31 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dannebubinga
Forum Regular

Thanks for the award. I'll have cake tonight.

Old Post 12-26-12 12:32 #
dannebubinga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Yay Cacowards! Many thanks to our reviewers and congratulations to all the winners!

Old Post 12-26-12 12:56 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMAD
Bitcoin IS a religion.

Fantastic work on the Cacowards, guys. It's great to see that as much effort goes into writing these as the maps they're praising. Particularly at short notice like this. Congrats to the winners. Will be sure to check out some of these projects as I've clearly been living under a rock and haven't heard of most of them. And last but not least, cheers to Bloodshedder. People with paid jobs don't work this hard. I would say give him a promotion, but he does too much stuff around here already.

Old Post 12-26-12 13:54 #
DooMAD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
purist

Dylan was overjoyed with his mention in the Cacowards. He's still very much a Doom fan but he's not done any mapping for a while. This reminds me that I was going to compile his 6YO maps and upload them to /idgames. He turned 7 in November so he can make doing some 7YO maps his Doom Year Resolution :-)

Old Post 12-26-12 15:13 #
purist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

Awesome to see that the Awards have made it! Congrats to all the winners. I have played about a third of them so far. Gotta catch up on the rest. Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Old Post 12-26-12 16:40 #
Deathmatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Really excellent Cacowards this time. Congratulations to all winners, runner-ups, and mentions. You guys made the Cacowards what they are.

Also, special congratulations to Mouldy. I remember when he was just a n00b asking Doom Builder questions (which was only a few months ago, wow!).

Old Post 12-26-12 17:31 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Deathmatcher said:
Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Still nope.

Old Post 12-26-12 17:39 #
TerminusEst13
Warming Up

Obsidian said:

You still got Runner up, which makes you better than us lesser mortals. :P

Does this mean I got Honorable Mention? :p

Old Post 12-26-12 18:49 #
TerminusEst13 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

Gez said:

Still nope.

Dann. I tought accidentally repeating my post would make it happen :-(

Old Post 12-26-12 19:53 #
Deathmatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

I have to say congratulations to PillowBlaster on winning the Best Gameplay Mod with Russian Overkill. For some reason, I felt it was under the radar, but glad to see it gets the reward it deserves.

Other than that, these cacowards show how little I've been following Doom mods this year.

Oh, congratulations to everyone who won an award, and thanks to those who brought us the cacowards this year.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:20 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Megalyth
I embrace change

Very enjoyable articles, guys, nice work. Also thanks to Bloodshedder for fixing the site, and on a holiday too.

Old Post 12-26-12 20:32 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Yay!! Congrats to everyone who won awards, and yeah I'm glad all Khorus's hard and awesome work didn't go unnoticed, and I'm glad to see Combat Shock 2 got an award. :)

And yeah Necromantic Thirst isn't dead yet... I have faith that it'll get finished. :)

Last edited by DeathevokatioN on 12-26-12 at 23:29

Old Post 12-26-12 23:10 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nuxius
Forum Regular

Congrats to all of this years winners, and many thanks to Xaser, kmxexii, Alfonzo, Scuba Steve and Bloodshedder for getting this years awards out!

Old Post 12-26-12 23:16 #
Nuxius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tango

the side column on page 3 is excellent hahahaha

Old Post 12-27-12 08:33 #
Tango is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mouldy

Bloody hell wow! Wasn't expecting that, cheers everyone! Seeing the cacowards up on the site was christmas present enough, but actually winning one... i'd have been punching the air to even get a mention in a side bar.

yeehaw!

I can't wait to try out that russian overkill mod in combat shock 2

Old Post 12-27-12 14:54 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Very glad to see this done and even more so to such a high standard! Gave me a very entertaining read for some of the 3 hour travel to work this morning :)

Congratulations to all of the winners, particular Khorus with his virtual set of silverware. Here's to another strong year for Doom!

Old Post 12-27-12 15:42 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Congratulations for the winners! And big thanks to our awesome trio to step up and do what man's gotta do. ;)

We're gonna keep them for next year.
... Do we? D:

Old Post 12-27-12 19:03 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

Congratulations to the Cacoward winners, and props to the fellas that threw the awards together! This years Cacowards were executed much better than last years, and I'm really glad they included the memorial, 5 runners up, next years promising looking WADs, new comers, the abandoned WADs, the mention of the strangest WAD, and the 'Pelican of the hour' (though I don't understand the name's reference). The extra stuff really gives the awards depth. Great Cacowards!

Old Post 12-28-12 02:22 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

OH BOY I got a special mention! I'm so famous!

That is some great write up. I'm so glad Cacowards continue to thrive, thanks to kmxexii, Xaser and Alfonzo (it takes two out of three reviewers to rig Cacowards in favor of DTWiD, sigh) and a round of applause and huge congrats to Khorus!

...and as always - sad goodbyes to fellow Doomers mentioned in "the Sky May Be" column.

Last edited by ellmo on 12-28-12 at 16:24

Old Post 12-28-12 16:15 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Philnemba

Whoa a Strife wad won a cacoward!?...that is just awesome!

Anyway grats to all winners this year!

Old Post 12-28-12 16:53 #
Philnemba is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Great reviews, guys. Keep up this level of quality and I promise to keep thinking about Doom at least once per year.

Old Post 12-29-12 04:34 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

We promise to think of you, too, Creaphis.

Old Post 12-29-12 05:25 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

esselfortium said:

Are you a Doom? O_o

Old Post 12-29-12 12:47 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

esselfortium said:

I... I don't.

Old Post 12-29-12 13:12 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Johnny

doom sux

Old Post 12-31-12 01:03 #
Johnny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
chubz
Blackfish changed my title again

Thanks to Scuba Steve not only for resurrecting the Mockaward but for choosing my Call of Dooty (II) project as the winner! Very much appreciated!

Old Post 01-01-13 01:27 #
chubz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

You're welcome, Chubz...

Old Post 01-01-13 15:27 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote