Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alteus

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #76 - Heretic (Part I)

Surprise! We've got something different this week. During all of these 75 TNS we have played in the skin of our beloved Doomguy, but hell is running out of demons and needs a deserved rest. This Thursday we are playing the first three episodes of Heretic, so trade your pistol for a wand and we'll see you there!

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • IWAD: heretic.wad
  • Maps: e1m1-e3m9
  • Lives: 1
  • Players: 20/50
  • The Australasian session starts at 20:00 AEST (that's 10:00 GMT)
  • The Euro session starts at 20:00 GMT (that's 15:00 EST)
  • The US session starts at 20:00 EST (that's 01:00 GMT)
In other news: WNF is re-running Legendary CTF Mappack. If you are a fan of CTF, you can't miss that one. Latest ZDaemon can be grabbed here.

I haven't done multi-player Doom in (literally) decades so I connected to the Australasian server for TNS and it was empty. An Italian dude/dudette joined for a little while but their ping was over 350 so it wasn't much fun for them. Is it usually that quiet or was it just because Heretic was the IWAD being played?

@savagegrant: The AUS session is quite new. There are usually so many people in the Euro session that without the player limit (20-25 marines in game) things would become too messy. The US session has its up and down weeks.

The three servers in different parts of the world are there so that you can play with a reasonable ping and at a reasonable time of day. The unfortunate thing is that all of the TNS admins are Euro based and can't really kick-start the other sessions. But if you bring a friend, some patience, and like it enough to keep coming back each week, I believe a regular US/AUS player base might form around. We prepare all three servers every week.

You can visit the ZDaemon TNS forums for more information and to leave suggestions, and try the ZDaemon IRC (ZRC) to hunt for players from your timezone.