Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > IDL Masterbowl XIII Is Coming

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dew
experts

The International Doom League closes its 13th season with the final match this Sunday at 5:30 PM EST (22:30 CET). The game will be broadcast by RottKing & co. at Twitch.

This season's finale will see one of the hottest favourites, the Super Chargers (Ralphis, turSKA, Nautilus, dr.sean) face the shocking playoff surprise, the Berserker Packers (Watermelon, Fluffles, Dragon, Decay). Will Ralph ride into the sunset with yet another MB ring, or will the plucky young upstarts sing about times a-changin'? After a string of shocking results, all the predictions are blowin' in the wind.

The stream will start rolling at 5:15 PM EST, so be there to watch the most anticipated CTF game of this winter live!

Old Post 03-24-13 03:06 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

TTV officially promotes the coverage of this event!

Old Post 03-24-13 07:36 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hybrid
Registered just to make one post

Oh yes, the long awaited finals have arrived. Keeping my fingers crossed for the "plucky young upstarts" this season, time to show the old blood what can be done.

Last edited by Hybrid on 03-24-13 at 13:25

Old Post 03-24-13 11:14 #
Hybrid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nub_hat
Mini-Member

suc 2-0
I've never seen a game on this map, should be fun to see how it'll go down I am excited

Old Post 03-24-13 11:27 #
nub_hat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

UD on top.

Old Post 03-24-13 23:41 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

It's over, the new champions of the XIII Masterbowl are the Super Chargers: Ralphis (c), turSKA, Nautilus and dr. sean.

They beat BSK 2-1 with following scores:
round 1: 4-3
round 2: 1-5
round 3: 2-1

GGs and congratulations, SUC!

You can find the stream recording here: http://www.twitch.tv/rottking/b/381904705
The game starts roughly 15 minutes into the video after some exposition from the commentators (RottKing, HumanBones, RustKing and me).

Old Post 03-24-13 23:58 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

That was an awesome watch, no doubt about it. It's only the second IDL masterbowl I've seen before, but I found it pretty easy to follow and understand what was going on for the most part thanks to the casters' commentary.

BSK's Dragon being the occasional butt-end of jokes for getting so few frags during the 1st round was made pretty hilarious when his allout play in the 2nd stole a game from SUC; basically from under their noses. Ralphis's failure to cap the flag during the 3rd due to paranoia, on the other hand, didn't come over nearly as funny. Heh.

I'm looking forward to the next season, for sure...! Super thanks to Rott and co. for bringing us this gift!

Old Post 03-25-13 00:18 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RjY
anARCHy

This was highly entertaining to watch and the commentary was very funny. It's interesting that the runners-up had more flag captures than the winners.

Old Post 03-29-13 20:00 #
RjY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote