Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > The /newstuff Chronicles #77

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

This is a week of strangeness, as four very odd new WAD files slither their way into Newstuff.

AndrewB
Sucks It
by Ralphis -

- This is a small single map for Doom 2. Taking place in a bloody metal
room, you fight through a horde of Imps and a Cyberdemon. There is a new
title screen graphic replacement as well as some music replacements.
Openprojects
by Lament -

- We have something very different this time, as this WAD is more symbolic
than playful. It includes a very small map, which tells a tale of two IRC
channels. It may be a helpful guide if you ever find yourself in search of
real-time DOOM discussion.
GooberMan's DeathMatch
Series by Ethan
Watson -

- A very uniquely-designed deathmatch map for Doom 2. Taking place in an
abandoned asteroid mine, this large map has dark ash-filled caverns,
hallways, and some neat special effects. Each weapon is placed in its own
area, and power-ups are placed cleverly. Special effects include slopes,
surveillance cameras, a skybox, and a rocket-launching machine. The music
from Map25 of Doom 2 is used. Requires ZDoom.
Doom - The Arcade Game
by Ethan
Watson -
- The strangeness continues this week. A single map for Doom 2, but very
non-typical. It's a simple game where you must sink a few imps on their
battleships using 50 bullets, unless of course you decide to cheat. It's
surprisingly difficult, but gives you an intermission screen if you succeed.
Requires ZDoom.

Old Post 04-07-02 07:27 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sir Fragsalot
Mini-Member

I was bothering pickle to make Build 2 in the shape of a wanger just recently. I see that Ralphis has beaten pickle to the punch :). Openprojects hits the nail on the head with its point. Too bad Lament didn't add #zdaemon and #admin.

Old Post 04-07-02 10:08 #
Sir Fragsalot is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dustbunny
Warming Up

either that's an inside joke i know nothing about or somebody doesn't like andrewb :P and why the hell did my settings for doomworld's appearance revert to the standard?

Old Post 04-07-02 10:16 #
dustbunny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

I think AndrewB missed the buttons in that D-TAG map... use the buttons to line up a rocket cannon from your ship, fire a rocket, hope it hits an imp, if it doesn't change the settings and try again.

Old Post 04-07-02 13:30 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Indeed, wiping out the imps with 50 bullets would be a bit tricky, but with an inexhaustible supply of rockets... Although I find one of those life rafts helluva tricky to get bang on the nose. I guess that's why they are there. :-)

Hmmm thinking about it, maybe you could use a script to remove the player's ammo entirely on this level to underline the point.

Anyway, a cracking little level.

Old Post 04-07-02 14:48 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Sir Fragsalot said:
I was bothering pickle to make Build 2 in the shape of a wanger just recently.
UDM1 MAP18

The original deformed scrotum.

Old Post 04-07-02 15:02 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

And E3M2 from the original doom as the hand that "rocks the cradle" so to speak.

Old Post 04-07-02 20:04 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

Heh I gibbed the last Imp with first try, it was a direct hit too. :)

Old Post 04-07-02 21:23 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

Hehe, openprojects was pretty fun :D

Old Post 04-07-02 21:24 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Captain, use these coordinates to sink the battleship!

94 45 64
150 60 64
55 20 89
50 30 92
115 55 82
105 55 82

Old Post 04-08-02 00:07 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

Could someone explain the openprojects wad to me please? I don't have doom installed right now, or the time to install it.

Old Post 04-08-02 01:06 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

Jon said:
Could someone explain the openprojects wad to me please? I don't have doom installed right now, or the time to install it.

You start in a room with 2 telepoters. One maked as #doom and one as #zdoom (as seen in the screenshot).

The #doom teleport leads to a room with wolfenstein textures (swastikas), a few ss nazis and a cacodemon.

The #zdoom teleport leads to some kind of bar with a baron as bartender and a few marines chillin' out in there. If you exit the bar the map ends.

Old Post 04-08-02 01:34 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

umm, that sounds cool and all... but is it shaped like a thingy?

Old Post 04-08-02 21:01 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

thingy?

Old Post 04-09-02 18:59 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dustbunny
Warming Up

Ebola said:
thingy?

ahuckahuck.

Old Post 04-09-02 20:41 #
dustbunny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

It's official - that map by Ralphis sucks it.

Old Post 04-10-02 11:10 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

If a regular from #doom made a map designed to insult people, _everyone_ from #doom would be called a bastard. However I'd just like to point out that the reverse is (also) not true, and people from #zdoom are not all immature and unskilled lamers like lament.

Old Post 04-10-02 15:48 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
læmænt
BAND

Jon said:

If a regular from #doom made a map designed to insult people, _everyone_ from #doom would be called a bastard. However I'd just like to point out that the reverse is (also) not true, and people from #zdoom are not all immature and unskilled lamers like lament.
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Old Post 04-16-02 01:42 #
læmænt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote