Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evolution

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #96 - cannonball shows some "Concern" (beta)

Come one, come all, especially cannonball! The TNS crew have picked a treat for the thirsty survival masses to dive right into. This particular treat is still in beta but holds up very well from what the team has seen, with lots of daring fights, beautiful episodic atmospheres and epic encounters. The author also happens to be a regular on the TNS front, so we can only hope he enjoys watching us die aplenty on Thursday.

And don't you dare forget to check out the other weekly sessions when they are posted. Get yourself ZDaemon and join all the fun.

I knew this was going to happen haha. At least I have a better chance of surviving than in my slaughterfest maps :)
Oh shit, I have a massive problem. I have a meal to go to on Thursday night which I have already put down a deposit on so I might be very very late.

Scratch that I've got out of the meal so will be joining you guys tonight. Also given I've had a few days to fix bugs and stuff I might as well give you guys the updated wad, well as far as I've got so far. All the reported bugs have been fixed, some visual improvements and more tweaking to E1M5.
http://speedy.sh/HS6dK/concernbeta2.zip

Cheers for playing this last night, hope everyone had fun :). It was the perfect opportunity to spot things which need fixing before final release.
No idea what happened on the final level so will need to fiddle around to get it to work in Zdaemon.

Nevan said:

And of course to see your deaths. :P

I really did suck last night :P
The final release will contain less co-op cybers and all bugs found have been fixed with respect to the breaking in co-op. Well except for the final boss which appears to work in every port except zdaemon. I tried playing E3M8 on single player but it starts me in the boss room (voodoo doll) instead of the normal start point.

cannonball said:

I tried playing E3M8 on single player but it starts me in the boss room (voodoo doll) instead of the normal start point.

You need to uncheck "Voodoo Doll Compat" in "Game Options" before starting the game to spawn in the correct place.
Anyway, it seems like voodoo dolls can't telefrag monsters in ZDaemon. I'll investigate this and report it as a bug if necessary.

Tried it and yeah the voodoo doll does not telefrag the spider mastermind. I know there a very few examples of using a voodoo doll to telefrag a monster except for a few maps in cyberdreams.