Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Is There Room For A New Megawad?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Julian

The guys in the Room on the Left are working on a new DOOM2 openGL-oriented megawad called The Underworld, in reference to the Greek mythological Underworld. 4 levels are already available for download. A prologue story, along with screenshots and map information, can be found here.

Old Post 04-11-02 19:56 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

"Sir, we just experienced a power spike..." Striding over to the console, you rested a reassuring hand on the young man's shoulder.

WTF???

Old Post 04-14-02 08:35 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Ultraviolet said:
"Sir, we just experienced a power spike..." Striding over to the console, you rested a reassuring hand on the young man's shoulder.

WTF???

Heh, gay Doom fiction?

Old Post 04-14-02 11:47 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Easy now son, daddy's not gonna hurt you... much.

Old Post 04-14-02 13:21 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Lots of men in deep space with no sexual release? What do you expect? Anyway, it's fixed now :)

Old Post 04-14-02 18:49 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Heh, wow, I'm so effective.

Old Post 04-14-02 21:16 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

"Sir, we just experienced a power spike..." Striding over to the console, you glance down at topography map on his console.
"Give me a location, lieutenant."

Spaceman sexual propositioning slang?
It would be interesting if this got so bad that an actual DW news post got sent to post hell. :P

Old Post 04-14-02 21:19 #
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

And who can forget this phrase?

"For a few moments you lay there, soaked in sweat, the events from years ago replaying in your brain."

Sounds a little... uhm...
/me gets a hard-on.

Old Post 04-14-02 21:20 #
Spike

'DooM - Knee-Deep in the Naked' by Spike...?
Damn you dirty minded geezers ;)

Old Post 04-14-02 21:31 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I think at this point you might as well just change the entire thing to a pr0n TC :P

Old Post 04-16-02 01:48 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

I'm a geezer? I'm 17...

Old Post 04-16-02 02:55 #
Spike

Geezer, bloke, matey, fella, etc... english slang for males... do you see?

Old Post 04-16-02 19:39 #
Spike

Anyway, enough about gay spacemarines fulfilling sexual desires via the younger recruits... what did you think of the maps?

Old Post 04-16-02 19:41 #
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Well, I'm the kind that likes the overdetailed futuristic maps. Everything else is teh suck. Heh.

They looked good in jDoom, but my monitor does this neato trick where everything is really dark all the time. It's great I tell ya, great! Actually I think it's making me blind.

See, the thing is, here the word "geezer" is a bad thing.

Old Post 04-17-02 05:19 #
Spike

I've not been able to see the maps on any pc but my own... some areas are supposed to be dark tho... going with the whole dynamic-lighting thing... once the levels move out of the underworld, it'll brighten up a bit i promise.
So, what does Geezer mean in the USofA?

Old Post 04-17-02 20:18 #
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Geezer, here, as used by anybody I know, is usually used in reference to the cranky and elderly.

Old Post 04-18-02 23:37 #
Spike

As opposed to young and chirpy? :) my apologies for my culture-clashing oversight. From Doom to gay stories to name calling. Wakka!

Old Post 04-19-02 00:56 #
mystic
Sorry folks!

Nice looking levels but Jdoom doesnt like my crappy PC so I cant really pass judgement. Im hoping to upgrade in time for those Chris Lutz releases (ooh er). They must be good or someone would be ripping the shit from you by now.

Old Post 04-19-02 14:03 #
mystic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote