Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Closer to the EDGE

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tobester
I die a lot.

Darkknight posted a massive update at the EDGE site. The update talks of a new, updated .wad format, and the lack of help on the project, but denies the project being dead:

I was recently told that it looked like there was a sign over the EDGE site saying "this place here is abandoned". Well, not quite. When the last release of EDGE came out all the members active decided to take a breather and come back when ready or move on.

Old Post 04-14-02 23:37 #
Tobester is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

This is great! A new wad format... hires... new hud... yay!

Old Post 04-15-02 08:52 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

Cool! I thought it was dead.

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-15-02 15:49 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Heh, good thing EDGE isn't dead...

Old Post 04-15-02 18:21 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

If all the people who used EDGE occasionally posted at the EDGE forums, it might inspire the team a bit more.

Mind you, just about the only EDGE users around here are us 5...

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 04-15-02 18:41 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Thats true...sorta, altho in my opinion, more people would use edge but well, It's not as high profile as Jdoom/Prboom/Zdoom/legacy..IMO, more use of the engine would do more for the port. but thats just a theory tho.

*July 1863: A nation torn in tragedy, a trick of fate and two great armies merge. The Gods of war at Gettysburg. Devastation lies ahead and fifty thousand bodies litter the land, Hell raises for three full days. The reaper sows, Now there is the DEVIL TO PAAAAY* Gettysburg 1863 Pt1: Devil to pay - Iced Earth

Old Post 04-16-02 13:04 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Lobo said:
Mind you, just about the only EDGE users around here are us 5...
i think you're being a bit too ignorant.

Old Post 04-16-02 13:54 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fen boi

LorD BaZTArD said:
Thats true...sorta, altho in my opinion, more people would use edge but well, It's not as high profile as Jdoom/Prboom/Zdoom/legacy..IMO, more use of the engine would do more for the port. but thats just a theory tho.

More high profile? I don't think so. Theres just a lot of ports out there and Edge is by far the slowest and ugliest ive used, even in gl mode.

Old Post 04-16-02 15:08 #
fen boi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Yes, It may be slow, does the word -UNOPTIMIZED- Mean anything to you? I've heard several comments in regards to the slowness of Edge's code, but don't discount it becuase it doesn't look all that good.
Edge is capable, but isn't used enough. In My Opinon. GL isn't too bad.

*July 1863: A nation torn in tragedy, a trick of fate and two great armies merge. The Gods of war at Gettysburg. Devastation lies ahead and fifty thousand bodies litter the land, Hell raises for three full days. The reaper sows, Now there is the DEVIL TO PAAAAY* Gettysburg 1863 Pt1: Devil to pay - Iced Earth

Old Post 04-16-02 15:34 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

And EDGE has better and easyer editing possibilities than any of those ports.
Besides, i'll use any port than Vavoom or Legacy...

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-16-02 15:36 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Derrick

My bro posts in the Edge for me to inspire the Edge developers, Nickster has been working on an edge version of GoldenEye Doom2. The next in-progress version of GoldenEye Doom2 for Edge will have over 35+ weapons, not to mention a tank, plus loads of alternatives firings, and other cool goodies that only Edge can provide. Maybe even a tankdeath match mode.

Old Post 04-16-02 18:19 #
Derrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fen boi

LorD BaZTArD said:
Yes, It may be slow, does the word -UNOPTIMIZED- Mean anything to you? I've heard several comments in regards to the slowness of Edge's code, but don't discount it becuase it doesn't look all that good.
Edge is capable, but isn't used enough. In My Opinon. GL isn't too bad.

Well it basically ruined any chance of running Qdoom at a descent rate.

Old Post 04-16-02 18:34 #
fen boi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

deathwarrior said:
i think you're being a bit too ignorant.

Really? When I say users I should have said TC/PC makers.

Maybe I am ignorant, and the cure for ignorance is enlightenment. So if you know of some PC/TCs for EDGE that I'm not aware of then please give me their URLs. I'm trying to get a list together at my site(link in my sig).
Thanks in advance!

Old Post 04-16-02 20:17 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Law
Green Marine

There are more TC creators for Edge than you think, but of course not finished or advertised. If I had a web page for Edge "Aliens" then I would give you the URL, but I want to finish it first.

Old Post 04-16-02 23:54 #
Law is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Derrick

Isn't Relijk an Aliens Conversion for Edge?

Old Post 04-17-02 04:20 #
Derrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Derrick said:
Isn't Relijk an Aliens Conversion for Edge?

Not really. It was going to be more of an Aliens resources for EDGE, but in the end the poject is dead. However, Rellik has informed me that if you heckle him enough then he will release what he's done up to now! I usually bug him every couple of months just in case he forgets...

Old Post 04-17-02 07:13 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Lobo said:

Maybe I am ignorant, and the cure for ignorance is enlightenment. So if you know of some PC/TCs for EDGE that I'm not aware of then please give me their URLs. I'm trying to get a list together at my site(link in my sig).

Jesus christ, I really need to finish my site.

Old Post 04-17-02 07:42 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Relapse, I'm a part of the team (so is Toby) as a mapper resource bitch (<tobester> gimme textures bitch) and guess what? ITS FOR EDGE!! What a shocker!

Old Post 04-17-02 09:15 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Where the hell can I find this Relapse? I've been looking for it for weeks! It's supposed to be hosted at doomcenter but none of their hosted sites work!!

Is there an alternate URL?

Old Post 04-18-02 07:08 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I'm just happy playing the fruits of others' labor. I couldn't ever actually be part of a team, unless it was a team of people who reviewed WADs for fun :)

Old Post 04-20-02 19:21 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote