Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > 20th Anniversary Ultimate Doom Race

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dime

As we all know, Doom's 20th anniversary is coming up, and this date will be celebrated on SpeedRunsLive with a good old race of Ultimate Doom.

Mode: UV-speed, episodes 1-3
Date: December 10th
Time: 3 PM EST / 8 PM GMT
Source ports: Anything
Rules: If you use ZDoom or any source ports of that nature, jump, crouch, and permanent SR50 are not allowed. Saves are allowed. Streaming your race is highly recommended, even if it is low quality.
Server: irc.speedrunslive.com
Channel: #speedrunslive

SpeedRunsLive Frequently Asked Questions

You will need to set up an account on the SRL IRC if you intend to join this race. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask questions on the IRC, check the FAQ above, or send Dime a private message.

Last edited by Dime on 11-28-13 at 02:39

Old Post 11-27-13 22:24 #
Dime is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

What about recording the results via FRAPS or something?

Old Post 11-29-13 04:19 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Mr. Chris said:
What about recording the results via FRAPS or something?
Looks like the site uses twitch.tv which records everything itself.

Old Post 11-29-13 07:23 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

I suppose you could but one of the big reasons for twitch is that SRL uses a multitwitch page in which all of the streams are placed on a single page.

Aside from the obvious aspect of catching cheaters (If you do episodes 1-3 in 12 minutes, that may be a little sketchy!) it allows the viewers to bring up multiple streams, physically see how the race unfolds and get hyped.

Old Post 11-29-13 16:41 #
Dime is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

What is permanent SR50? Autorun?

Old Post 11-30-13 13:40 #
BlackFish is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

This sounds like loads of fun.

Old Post 11-30-13 15:33 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

No permanent SR50 is separate from autorun Krispy.

Old Post 12-01-13 01:01 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

BlackFish said:
What is permanent SR50? Autorun?

Something you can do with ports that allow you to bind multiple actions to a single key.

Old Post 12-01-13 06:33 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Krispy

Gez said:

Something you can do with ports that allow you to bind multiple actions to a single key.

So, could I, say, bind a key to give me 360 no-scope firing abilities? I would rule the anniversary race with that key!

Old Post 12-01-13 14:49 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

Krispy said:

So, could I, say, bind a key to give me 360 no-scope firing abilities? I would rule the anniversary race with that key!

Bitch please, you need mad skills to do that. No key binding can save you.

Old Post 12-02-13 19:02 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mike.Reiner

Aw, I'll be at work. Good luck to everyone who participates.

Old Post 12-06-13 18:01 #
Mike.Reiner is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomgay

What is it nature?

Old Post 12-07-13 14:35 #
doomgay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Silly question: I have a garbage computer that I use to play doom on. Would you be averse to me just recording a demo of my playthrough of doom today, and perhaps, finding somebody to stream the demo playing back for me tomorrow?

Old Post 12-09-13 15:46 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

Streaming is pretty much a requirement on SRL, like I said even if it's low quality thats not of a concern. If this doesn't work out for you, I would still do the race starting at 3:00 EST and post your demo up here on the forums.

Speedrunslive takes the cheating thing pretty seriously, so thats why they want recordings typically. Some people are crazy in what they'll do to gain a few SRL points.

http://pastebin.com/H8LCYcnj

Here is an example from a nimbus race if you need help getting set for streaming/SRL

option 2 is to have anyone that wants to race but can't stream join the channel but not enter the race, wait for racebot's GO, and type .time done when they're finished (Blechy mentioned this one to me if streaming is an issue)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Spo...h0VtKy7e01rc3Or
(helpful for getting started on SRL)

Last edited by Dime on 12-10-13 at 04:22

Old Post 12-10-13 04:07 #
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Gez said:

Doesn't vanilla also allow that?

Old Post 12-10-13 17:08 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

Channel has been created for the race on SRL.

#srl-wkyl1

Won't need to register a nickname, so you can name yourself whatever
you want and then either copy paste #srl-wkyl1 so you can find
it or type in .races to bring up all current races in the channel.

Server: irc.speedrunslive.com
Channel: #speedrunslive

Old Post 12-10-13 18:12 #
Dime

Ty everyone who participated.

We had 40 entrants for the race. Maybe we'll do it again next year for doom 2.

Happy 20th Doom!!!!

Old Post 12-11-13 04:21 #
Zeroth

So uh, new news on the winner? links to videos of the runs? something?

I watched a few of them yesterday but was hoping for some after-news.

Old Post 12-11-13 19:57 #
Zeroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

I will post some links + more info on the 13th. Have my finals here from the 11th-13th so im a bit busy.... Some people were completely new to doom, and several didn't know about the save feature.....

Times ranged from 19:15 to 5:13:22

http://speedrunslive.com/races/game/#!/doompc/1

I'll take a look and see if krank/vortale + altima can save their race highlights.

Old Post 12-11-13 20:58 #
Dime

It would be hard to find everyone to grab an archive but heres a highlight from Vortale, Krankdud and myself Mr. Chris.

http://www.twitch.tv/kingdime/c/3379900
http://www.twitch.tv/vortale/c/3379877
http://www.twitch.tv/krankdud/c/3379855

Came down to the wire!

Old Post 12-12-13 01:39 #