Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Residential Doom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arioch
not arioch

Corbin Annis sends word of a Resident Evil mod for EDGE v1.27 which is currently in public beta testing. Take a look here if you are interested.

Old Post 04-22-02 02:16 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Derrick

I can't take a look because, he went over his bandwidth for today :-(

Old Post 04-22-02 03:58 #
Derrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

If you're going to do a resident evil mod, you need really bad voice-acting.

Old Post 04-22-02 06:07 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

ICB had worse, not to mention Chaos Break.

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-22-02 16:11 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Miffe

Someone should put up a mirror for the files...

Or if someone allready have them please contact me att
MSN: micke_eriksson@hotmail.com
and send them to me

--Miffe

Old Post 04-22-02 20:01 #
Miffe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hyena
Unfortunately it is lethal

How can any game have worse dialogue than Resident Evil?

Example one:

Barry: That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich.
Jill: You're right. Barry, thanks for saving my life.

Example two:

Barry: Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

Old Post 04-23-02 18:47 #
Hyena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

HYENA: STOP HIDING FROM ME!

Old Post 04-23-02 20:57 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dustbunny
Warming Up

what is RE but a tribute to B movies? B movies with zombies that eat your flesh and zombie dogs that bite you and turn you into a zombie yourself and with an evil mad scientist who has a giant zombie in the basement? i mean, hell, the president orders a nuclear strike on an american city, how B movie can you get?

RE1's bad voice acting completed the B movie feel. it was JUST like the real thing.

RE1 had the simplistic feel of a film entirely about zombies. the others added conspiracy and action-film elements. not to say they were bad... in fact, code veronica was my personal favorite (very creepy... i think only the RE1 remake on gamecube will surpass the creepiness). but RE1 was what made survival horror what it is today.

of course, RE isn't scary as a whole, except for a few choice moments, mostly in RE1 and RE:CV (i have yet to play gun survivor, but i will even if it didn't get good reviews) but it's a blast to play.

i'm working through RE3 right now, which i look as the third disc to RE2. :P

nemesis = aidswhore. he does NOT play fair. where the hell does he get that damn rocket launcher, it looks 50 years old.

scariest game i ever played = silent hill 1. that game disturbs my sleep. and i don't ever have nightmares.

Old Post 04-23-02 21:47 #
dustbunny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Law
Green Marine

A lot of us have RE, why not make a new story. Take no offence. I think Edge Zombie TC is going to be somthing difficult to surpass. Good luck on your project, and on getting the web page working!

Old Post 04-24-02 00:54 #
Law is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JavaGuy

House of the Dead two has the worst voice acting. No contest.

My mind is an empty shell. Other's thoughts enter, bouncing off the walls an' echo. Never thinking for myself or but for myself I think. So now I've left it all behind finished 'least with a good deed. A long road awaits, and I'm on my own.... I feel pretty good.

Old Post 04-25-02 00:51 #
JavaGuy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

Hyena said:
How can any game have worse dialogue than Resident Evil?

Example one:

Barry: That was too close. You were almost a Jill sandwich.
Jill: You're right. Barry, thanks for saving my life.

Example two:

Barry: Jill, here's a lock pick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.

I agree that those sound pretty ridiculos, but then games kick ass, only one better in that genre is silent hill.

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-25-02 15:17 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote