Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > DOOM RETRO 1.1 released

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:18. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bradharding

Brad Harding has released version 1.1 of DOOM RETRO, a classic, refined Doom source port for Windows PC. This release has several bug fixes and enhancements as suggested by the community here in the forums, as well as a widescreen mode and improved translucency effects. Also, DOOM RETRO's source code is now available in its own GitHub repository. You can view the full release notes and download DOOM RETRO by visiting www.doomretro.com.

Old Post 01-26-14 20:25 #
bradharding is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Flesh420

Pretty cool. Think I'm going to do my yearly play through with this.

Old Post 01-28-14 03:47 #
Flesh420 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

has anyone made any videos of Doom Retro in gameplay? I'm curious to watch it being played.

Old Post 01-28-14 20:55 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

So how do you edit keybindings? Looks pretty good though.

Old Post 01-29-14 08:07 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
bradharding

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
So how do you edit keybindings? Looks pretty good though.

Controls can be customized by editing default.cfg in the AppData\Local\DOOM RETRO\ folder for the current Windows user.

Old Post 01-29-14 20:12 #
bradharding is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Flesh420

I really enjoy the port. It crashed on me once, I'll try to replicate and send you the info. Also, it seems to stop for a split second when the music track restarts. Keep up the good work!

Old Post 01-29-14 20:17 #
Flesh420 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
bradharding

Flesh420 said:
I really enjoy the port. It crashed on me once, I'll try to replicate and send you the info. Also, it seems to stop for a split second when the music track restarts. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I've managed to iron out a couple of bugs that were causing the game to crash in some instances, so the next version will be more stable. But please, if you could still submit an issue here.

Old Post 01-29-14 20:23 #