Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > DOOM - E1M1 Techno Remix

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mercuriusfm

A tribute to the Doom franchise and id Software, celebrating the reveal of Doom 4 gameplay footage at QuakeCon: listen here.

We've all waited for a new Doom for a long time. Enjoy this free download. If you like it, share it with your friends, gaming sites, etc. Sign up for the Mercurius FM Newsletter, or follow the composer on Twitter or Facebook.

Old Post 07-18-14 03:01 #
mercuriusfm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jaws In Space

This is really bad.

Old Post 07-18-14 03:45 #
Jaws In Space is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ClonedPickle

[22:45] <ClonedPickle> like maybe it's because i'm kind of drunk but the opening part is starting to literally make me want to puke
[22:46] <ClonedPickle> oh ok it finally got "intense" and the alcoholic feeling of "anything sounds good" started to kick in
[22:47] <ClonedPickle> but this still sounds bad
[22:47] <ClonedPickle> just bad to a level that i can deal with

Old Post 07-18-14 03:48 #
ClonedPickle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marnetmar
Forum Staple

I'm sorry but this is not fun to listen to, at all.

Old Post 07-18-14 03:56 #
Marnetmar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
destx
OMFG

People are remixing doom music all the time, and the 2nd paragraph reads like this dude is just trying to advertise his social media bullshit. Why is this news?

Old Post 07-18-14 05:07 #
destx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Why the hell can't I play it?! I click the Play (>) button and nothing happens. I click the download button and I'm just told to download a HTML.

Moreover, is this officially related to id and Zenimax's new Doom development?

Old Post 07-18-14 05:32 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheUltimateDoomer666

printz said:
Why the hell can't I play it?! I click the Play (>) button and nothing happens. I click the download button and I'm just told to download a HTML.

I experienced that problem for a while, too. But now it is finally working for me.

Anyway, about the music. It just makes me cringe...it sounds like a bunch of drunk bees.

Old Post 07-18-14 05:54 #
TheUltimateDoomer666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mercuriusfm

printz said:

Moreover, is this officially related to id and Zenimax's new Doom development?

Apologies about the playback issues, Soundcloud isn't perfect (as many are learning more and more lately...)

To be very clear, this remix is NOT endorsed by Zenimax, Bethesda, or id Software. It is purely an unofficial, fan-made creation.

destx said:
People are remixing doom music all the time, and the 2nd paragraph reads like this dude is just trying to advertise his social media bullshit. Why is this news?

You're right, a lot of people do, but it's their choice to not share it more publicly. That said, the links at the bottom are simply a way for you to hear other stuff I make. You're not forced to click it, however I'm an independent artist, so I have to put myself on the line a bit and offer people to follow.

Last edited by mercuriusfm on 07-18-14 at 07:09

Old Post 07-18-14 07:01 #
mercuriusfm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Why does the beginning of the song sound like somebody letting out a slow fart?

Old Post 07-18-14 20:32 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Suddenly the 32X version doesn't seem so bad...

Old Post 07-18-14 21:08 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

I like this thread, it reminds me of the old times when anything new Doom related was exciting and could make it in the news. Nowadays we get 20 project screenshots, 10 maps, 5 demos and 1 artwork every day and we just take it for granted.

Old Post 07-18-14 21:18 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

Wait a sec, anyone can just post Doomworld news whenever they want? Is that how it works? Holy crap, all of my wad releases are now going to be front page news. I figured it must have been official, or endorsed or seomthing, but nope.

Anyway, this is fucking raping one of my favorite gaming tunes. Just flat out ripping it wide open. Normally I'm really nice about reviewing... just about anything, from WADs to music - but damn dude, you just blew me away. Why does it keep going out of tune? Why is it so high pitch as to cause physical pain? Why was this on the front page?

WHY?

Old Post 07-19-14 08:19 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Sorry, don't like it.

Old Post 07-19-14 09:06 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya
Nescient Member

It doesn't sound doom-ish at all, it just sounds like an idealess song with annoying instruments, would be cool if it was remixed from metal to rock or something that fits, electric noises never did.

Old Post 07-19-14 09:24 #
joe-ilya is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Let's try not to be too mean to him. I know it for a fact that anything I would have made would have sounded 10x worse.

Old Post 07-19-14 14:59 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Doomkid said:
Why was this on the front page?

WHY?

To prevent the OP from editing it out of shame, heh.

Old Post 07-19-14 18:36 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Buckshot
Green Marine

This is the audible equivalent of a sharp stick in the eye :/

Old Post 07-19-14 20:08 #
Buckshot is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

NAY.

Here's one example of how it's done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAZps-Mzg2Q (Bart Klepka's At Doom's Gate)

Old Post 07-20-14 12:59 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Hirogen2 said:
NAY.

Here's one example of how it's done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAZps-Mzg2Q (Bart Klepka's At Doom's Gate)

I love that, it sounds like Descent, like a hellish or rocky level with lots of passages and tunnels.

Old Post 07-20-14 14:16 #