Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > The E3 Cometh

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:15. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

As part of their E3 coverage, Gamespy has put up a Doom 3 page which includes a handful of screenshots of id Software's half-constructed booth, as well as a short Q&A session with id biz guy Marty Stratton on what we can expect to see at E3:

The game looks so amazing that one obstacle we face is making sure people know that what they see is NOT pre-rendered. Everything we are showing is running in real-time in the game engine -- there aren't any special tricks or CG cut-scenes -- this is how the game looks. You won't believe it until you see it -- and even then you still may not believe it.

Well, tomorrow at 10 AM I'm going to be sprinting over to the Activision section to get an eyeful, and hopefully I can collar some id guys and ask a few questions while I'm at it.

Old Post 05-22-02 02:01 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TAKE A DIGITAL CAM WITH YOU AND SEND US BACK SOME SHOTS!!!!!

;)

Old Post 05-22-02 02:32 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

Good luck Ling and bring us something !

Old Post 05-22-02 02:41 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Have fun at E3, have a good time, hope you get to talk to a bunch of ID guys and get us some 1337 info, and maybe while you are there you can nail one of the hot models that game companies hire!

Old Post 05-22-02 03:21 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Anything but the Xbox chicks.

Old Post 05-22-02 06:02 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Mmmm, the booth looks sweet, hopefully the game looks as good. Hey if you want to piss them off, when you get to talk to the id guys just keep going "so obviously the pre-rendered scenes look good, but what about the real gameplay? Are you afraid to show it?" Then refuse to be corrected. Repeat until their heads explode.

Old Post 05-22-02 06:22 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arno

I envy you, Ling.

Have fun and take tons of pics!

Old Post 05-22-02 08:49 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

Woah!

Indeed the booth does look really good! It's hard to believe that's in real time and not pre-rendered!

Old Post 05-22-02 08:59 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Jonathan said:
Mmmm, the booth looks sweet, hopefully the game looks as good. Hey if you want to piss them off, when you get to talk to the id guys just keep going "so obviously the pre-rendered scenes look good, but what about the real gameplay? Are you afraid to show it?" Then refuse to be corrected. Repeat until their heads explode.

You must really hate the id guys.
Did they release a game that ruined your comp or something?

Old Post 05-22-02 10:51 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

dsm said:

Dude did you just question the wisdom of Jonathan Rimmer?

REPENT

Old Post 05-22-02 11:53 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jonathan

dsm said:

John Carmack ate my hamster, then he stole my wife and punched me in the face. Then he got me fired. From a cannon. Into space.

Old Post 05-22-02 12:26 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

lol

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 05-22-02 14:01 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm

Fredrik said:
Dude did you just question the wisdom of Jonathan Rimmer?

REPENT

Why should I repent? He's just another guy I don't know in person.

Old Post 05-22-02 17:53 #
Fredrik

dsm said:
He's just another guy I don't know in person.
WTF?

You don't know the Mighty Jonathan Rimmer?

...he who is the powerful Destruct?

...he who is the smartest and wittiest of men?

...he who is one of the most skilled Doom players in the world, holding several speedrunning world records?

...he who makes kick-ass textures?

...he who makes unbelievably saucy levels?

...he who Is God!

You, dsm, clearly are a newbie for not knowing who Jonathan Rimmer is!

Old Post 05-22-02 18:19 #
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

PHH3333R THE MIGHTY COMPET-N, dsm! :)

Old Post 05-22-02 19:36 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dsm

You, dsm, clearly are a newbie for not knowing who Jonathan Rimmer is!

I know that he's a longtime member of DW, but I don't really pay attention to these people outside of the forums - I've never MET the damn guy, so why the fuck should I repent!!!
Don't make me come over to Sweden to make YOU repent that you called me a newb ;-)

Old Post 05-22-02 20:36 #
Fredrik

So let's look at... John Carmack. Have you met him? No. Do you know exactly who he is and how great he is? Yeah.

Think of it the same way with Jonathan Rimmer.

Old Post 05-22-02 20:46 #
dsm

Well, good good, now I know.
But it STILL doesn't stop me from having a hard time taking him serious when he comes up with such "wisdom".

Old Post 05-22-02 21:09 #
Fredrik

The wisdom is infinite, you just don't know how to interpret it because you're inferior to his intelligence.

Old Post 05-22-02 21:25 #
Jonathan

dsm said:
Well, good good, now I know.
But it STILL doesn't stop me from having a hard time taking him serious when he comes up with such "wisdom".

Don't worry dsm, its just my crazy British sense of humour. Just ignore my attention seeking ways.

Old Post 05-23-02 01:31 #
dsm

Nah, I should rather learn to appreciate that type of humour instead of dragging it out further.
:-)

Old Post 05-23-02 10:52 #