Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Gamespy's Doom 3 First Look
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

Damn those guys at Gamespy, I haven't even left for E3 yet and they've already seen the Doom 3 presentation multiple times and have posted a three-page first look about it. As you might imagine it's chock full of goodness regarding the game that everyone is going to be clamoring to see at E3, not least of all me:

While id isn't planning on giving away the entire plot of the game anytime soon, here's what we know so far: DOOM III is basically a "retelling" of the original DOOM, with many of the same characters and themes, and even some returning weapons. Most of the game is set on Mars, where you're a marine recently stationed at the Union Aerospace Corporation, a company with strong military ties doing experimentation with teleportation technology. It seems a few people at the UAC don't exactly have everyone's best interests at heart, and after a betrayal, things quickly descend into chaos, with members of the facility being possessed and turned into zombies. This is where you come in - as one quote from the demonstration put it, "only one man stands between hell and earth... you."

I'll have my own pics and writeup tonight or tomorrow, but until then, see you at E3! Or not.

Old Post 05-22-02 17:03 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Wtf?
Doom 3 a retelling of Doom1???
Why the fuck is it called Doom III then?
Not that I mind that the new game's a remake, but it seems really lame that they numbered it as if it was an actual sequel.

I'll need to swallow those news before I can really enjoy it.

Old Post 05-22-02 17:46 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

ONE WORD

SAUCY

I wonder if they're going to release that video for download at a later point or if anybody's going to be able to grab a recording...

!@#!%

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 05-22-02 17:49 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

we're told that you'll also get to make a trip to Hell.
EXCELLENT.

/me is satisfied.

Old Post 05-22-02 17:54 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Lüt said:
EXCELLENT.

/me is satisfied.

Me too :]

Old Post 05-22-02 18:12 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

Heh, I was told of this URL by Fredrik and Afterglow, but since I don't have the DW admin password at work handy, I'm just going to paste it here. Aren't you happy and proud for me?

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/e3/doom1_frame.html

<+phunk> i have to send 8 photos of myself in
<@fraggle> one for each angle
<@fraggle> they're going to make you into a doom monster

Old Post 05-22-02 20:08 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

I was told of this URL by Fredrik and Afterglow
It's also in the DOOM3 forum and was first found by dark-tenshi I think :p

Old Post 05-22-02 20:16 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I love doom.

Old Post 05-22-02 20:54 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

We are all Doomed. and why can't he use a urinal like everyone else?

Old Post 05-22-02 21:08 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I think that they're going back to the original storyline and expanding on it is quite cool. I'm getting even more excited by the day =)

Old Post 05-22-02 21:09 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arno

The four screenshots in hires:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/do...reenshots.shtml

Incredible! Amazing! I can't find the proper words, it's just.... WOAH

Old Post 05-22-02 21:48 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Arioch said:
I wonder if they're going to release that video for download at a later point or if anybody's going to be able to grab a recording...
I hope so bub, I sure as hell hope so...

Old Post 05-22-02 22:16 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

The movie is up on Fileplanet now.

Unfortunately, it's in QuickTime...

Old Post 05-22-02 22:21 #
Arno

That screenshot of Pinky in the toilets is now my desktop background :)

Old Post 05-22-02 22:57 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILE_WHORE
Sir Isaac who?

HOLLLLLLLLY MOTHERFFFUUUUCKING JESUS DILDO CHRIST ON STEEL WHEELS WITH SPARKLERS COVERED IN SEXY ASS BUTTER CHUNKS, MYYY GOOOOOOO>.....

/me has a seizure

I...LOOOOVE DOOM.......MANNNNNNN......

/me cries

Old Post 05-22-02 22:58 #
MACVILE_WHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Afterglow
TROLL; IGNORE

The video on Fileplanet is the intro BEFORE you go into the booth that has interviews, history of Doom and a small amount of Doom III footage... not the actual 11 minute video that fully shows the game.

Old Post 05-22-02 23:00 #
Afterglow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

http://www.doom2.org has the 11 minute video up for download here

Old Post 05-22-02 23:12 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

92 Mo ? This better be good quality...

Old Post 05-22-02 23:16 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

Darkstalker said:
92 MB? This better be good quality...

Who cares about the quality, IT'S DOOM 3, DAMNIT!

Old Post 05-22-02 23:22 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darkstalker
Should be mapping

Is the 7 minutes movie just a small version of the 11 minutes ? I don't want to wait 2 hours for nothing.

Old Post 05-22-02 23:25 #
Darkstalker is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark-tenshi
Forum Regular

thx bbg for link!

i think it is the same movie that is uploaded on fileplanet, not the one that was described in gamespy`s doom3 first look.

Old Post 05-22-02 23:29 #
Dark-tenshi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm

Archvile64 said:
I think that they're going back to the original storyline and expanding on it is quite cool. I'm getting even more excited by the day =)

Yeah agreed, but why call it "Doom 3"?
That title is so damn ridiculous for a "retelling" no matter HOW I look at it.

Old Post 05-22-02 23:39 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

Here is an 8 meg video of Doom 3 stuff.

My sig contains a lot of DooM III stuff. The D and the first o contain screenies, the second o, the M and the first I contain downloads and the last two IIs are the Doom 3 logo and Gamespy's Doom 3 stuff...

Last edited by Naked Snake on 05-22-02 at 23:52

Old Post 05-22-02 23:42 #
dsm

bigbadgangsta said:

And how the fuck do I view it???
It saves the file as 116, but nothing I have can view it!

Old Post 05-23-02 00:11 #
TheRequiem
Banned

Lüt said:
EXCELLENT.

/me is satisfied.

Goddamn you Lut!!! I came here with the intention of posting that EXACT same remark... but anyways, me too! =)

Old Post 05-23-02 00:21 #
TheRequiem is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

You'll wet your pants looking at the movie...

Old Post 05-23-02 00:41 #
Cyberstorm2
Warming Up

bigbadgangsta said:

??? It's the seven minute movie.

Old Post 05-23-02 00:46 #
Cyberstorm2 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake

Cyberstorm2 said:

??? It's the seven minute movie.

Well, SOOOOOOOORY, I didn't know it was 7 minutes...I didn't download it...
/me curses his 56k connection

Old Post 05-23-02 01:45 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Fredrik said:
The movie is up on Fileplanet now.

Unfortunately, it's in QuickTime...

That's a problem? GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT!!!!

Old Post 05-23-02 03:18 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blod
Mini-Member

DOOM III is The Game of my dream

Old Post 05-23-02 09:53 #
blod is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote