Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Gamespot Doom 3 Impressions

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

Gamespot has posted a meaty two-page article describing the behind-closed-doors Doom III demo which is currently setting tongues to wagging at E3. The piece goes into pretty excruciating detail about what transpires in the eleven-minute movie, and gives away some spoilers as well.

There's tremendous detail in the environments, even though all the environments we saw consisted of industrial-looking corridors and offices and high-tech equipment and research stations. Clearly the facility had been stricken by a cataclysm. Emergency lighting is all that prevented utter darkness, and swinging light fixtures cast incredibly realistic-looking real-time shadows all about. The environments looked very creepy and very real, despite the science-fiction theme.

After a wretched three-hour wait I got to feast my eyes upon Doom 3 today as well, and I'll be writing up something about it as soon as I can collect my thoughts.

Old Post 05-23-02 03:00 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Demo? Hmmmm...I just got done downloading Doom 3 Legacy movie, what's this demo video like?

Old Post 05-23-02 03:14 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

It's teh 1337!

Old Post 05-23-02 04:02 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).

Old Post 05-23-02 04:46 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

Weedster said:
LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).
Don't you think I would if it was available?

Old Post 05-23-02 05:29 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom

Old Post 05-23-02 05:43 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

bigbadgangsta said:
The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom
No, that's the 7 min one

Old Post 05-23-02 07:56 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Linguica said:
Don't you think I would if it was available?
I was talking to BBG...but now I know the sad truth....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff*...Life goes on....

Old Post 05-23-02 15:54 #
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

You can see the video, you just need to drag your ass to E3, that's all....

Old Post 05-24-02 00:22 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arno

It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old Post 05-24-02 22:32 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Arno said:
It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

Old Post 05-24-02 23:46 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arno

Fredrik said:
We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Old Post 05-25-02 11:04 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Arno said:

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I still want to see it.

Old Post 05-25-02 14:25 #