Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doom 2 Coming Soon

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

No, that's not a typo. According to a brief Pocket.IGN article, Doom 2 for the Game Boy Advance made its debut at E3, as a playable version demoed on some GBAs in the Activision booth. I think it might have been a little overshadowed by its big brother but it's nice to know that it's in the works. According to the article, the company responsible for the port is not David A. Palmer Productions, which did GBA Doom, but instead Torus Games.

Old Post 05-23-02 07:39 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MACVILE_WHORE
Sir Isaac who?

w0000000000000000t!!!!!!!

/me is the happy

first doom III, now this, goddammit I'm convinced now, DOOM IS ALLAH!!!!!

Old Post 05-23-02 13:46 #
MACVILE_WHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

MACVILE_WHORE said:
w0000000000000000t!!!!!!!

/me is the happy

first doom III, now this, goddammit I'm convinced now, DOOM IS ALLAH!!!!!

YOU DOOM MUSLIM!!!!!!!!

Heh, nah, I hear ya dude. I feel almost the same way.

Oh, and the new pics at the top are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Old Post 05-23-02 14:45 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

Good, maybe this time they'll not forget the little details like the cyberdemon...

Old Post 05-23-02 15:13 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

darknation said:
Good, maybe this time they'll not forget the little details like the cyberdemon...
From what I read in the article (and I assume you did too), doesn't look like they'll leave out anything this time.

I find it odd though since DOOM GBA was based off the Jaguar source; how will they port this one? Doom ][ has only been on the PC as far as I know...oh, and PSX.

Old Post 05-23-02 15:32 #
kristus
Megablast!

weedster: err. all they have to do is add the new levels and monsters to the current DoomGBA version of course. In case you didn't know. Doom1 and 2 issues the exact same exe.

Old Post 05-23-02 18:59 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Dude, if I had a GBA, you bet your ass I would have Doom and Wolf 3d already, and then I would wait for Doom 2!

Old Post 05-23-02 20:42 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

YAY!

Now all I need is a GBA...

Old Post 05-24-02 02:44 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Ebola said:
weedster: err. all they have to do is add the new levels and monsters to the current DoomGBA version of course. In case you didn't know. Doom1 and 2 issues the exact same exe.
Yes, but the GBA has limitations, whereas a PC has very few if any at all.

Old Post 05-24-02 13:55 #
Wilf

The hard part is done. The DOOM engine has been ported (via the Jaguar source) to the AGB. All that remains an issue is ROM size.
I suspect that the original AGB DOOM used an 8Mb cart and probably filled it up nicely. With all the new GFX, SFX and levels required in DOOM2 I'd say they have some nice compression happening.
Can't wait.

Old Post 05-25-02 19:49 #
Wilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Heh...Doom2 GBA. Will there be a Doom3 GBA.....?
/me strokes thinking beard
[edit]My postcount is now 1,993, the year Doom was released![/edit]

Old Post 05-27-02 14:21 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

DooMBoy said:
[edit]My postcount is now 1,993, the year Doom was released![/edit]
No, it's 1994, the year DOOM 2 was released!

Old Post 05-27-02 14:41 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote