Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > idders Interview Part 2

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

Gamespy has posted another interview with id Software members about Doom 3, this time talking to Fred Nilsson and Christian Antkow. Here's a bit:

Lately I'll just take a level and look at it and try and find an interesting way for a monster to attack you, or what could break -- I really want to make the characters feel like they're part of that world. We also have the lights and shadows, which helps, since you can actually interact with it. It'll add a lot. We have a lot of things that we haven't even shown here, which will immerse you even further, so you will feel like you are there. It'll be the most immersive experience.

Old Post 05-27-02 20:27 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILE_WHORE
Sir Isaac who?

I SENT THIS IN!!!!!!!!!

Dammit Ling give credit to people who send you news :D

Old Post 05-27-02 21:57 #
MACVILE_WHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
apsodifugy

thanks for the link.

http://paultwo.8k.com/smashtv.html

Old Post 05-27-02 23:51 #
apsodifugy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

MACVILE_WHORE said:
I SENT THIS IN!!!!!!!!!

Dammit Ling give credit to people who send you news :D

Who says I got it from you?

Old Post 05-28-02 01:49 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Link to the interview: http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/id2/

Old Post 05-28-02 02:54 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Diabolic
Goatse asshole

Hmm, I wonder what will happen when Planet Doom opens. Do you guys think it will get more business? I guess all the new kids will out populate us.

Old Post 05-28-02 06:55 #
Diabolic is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

Planetdoom will bury Doomworld in terms of popularity, not to mention it will have PAID people working on it FULL TIME, but I digress.

Old Post 05-28-02 06:56 #
Virgil

Aargh, now I REALLY want DOOM III. Damn the friggin' interviews, stop tormenting me! I want it badly enough as it is. :)

Hey, I don't care if Planet DOOM buries us, I'm still gonna keep playing DOOM/DOOM II, even when I get DOOM III.

Old Post 05-28-02 07:02 #
Virgil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Diabolic
Goatse asshole

The demo will be out soon.

Old Post 05-28-02 07:03 #
Diabolic is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Linguica said:
Planetdoom will bury Doomworld in terms of popularity, not to mention it will have PAID people working on it FULL TIME, but I digress.
Would this be a sad news to you, Ling?

Old Post 05-28-02 07:21 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fen boi

Diabolic said:
The demo will be out soon.

Bwahahaha, not a chance

Old Post 05-28-02 09:50 #
fen boi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheRequiern
Warming Up

fen boi said:

Bwahahaha, not a chance

I think Gamespy stated that ID would have a test demo out before 2003.

Old Post 05-29-02 02:11 #
TheRequiern is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheRequiern
Warming Up

I could be thinking of the Movie demo but I'm not sure... It would be cool to have a working demo to play by the end of the year thoe.

Old Post 05-29-02 02:24 #
TheRequiern is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Well, if the PQ network's current Doom 3 site (http://3dactionplanet.com/doom/) is anything to go by, I doubt Planetdoom will cover Doom 1 & 2 and source port news, so DW will most likely still have the same audience it always did (i.e. us)

Old Post 05-29-02 11:01 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Indeed. In addition, I expect to be blown away by DoomIII, and to thoroughly enjoy it. I will DL a few minor mods, models, skins and levels but ultimately continue with Doom 1 & 2 because I know it, love it and can edit it's resources and maps in my sleep. That's happened with every other game I have played since Doom, and it will happen again.

I neither want nor need a new learning curve as far as editing and so on go, however. I get my kicks out of editing Doom with ease, and want no more from that side of things. That (for me) is where the longevity lies. I hope DW sticks around and is able to continue to service that in the very hi quality way it currently does.

More power to your elbow Ling et al.

Old Post 05-29-02 22:16 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheRequiern
Warming Up

That's true... I guess from the looks of things that ID Software has built the Editor in the actual game. This will make it more of an ease then even editing original Doom, especially since technology is easier to handle and operate nowadays. I have thoroughly enjoyed every game from ID besides Quake III which did not cause much attention, however, Doom III is having just as much if not more attention then Quake II did and that was their last best game they have made.

Last edited by TheRequiern on 05-30-02 at 05:22

Old Post 05-29-02 23:38 #