Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

XWE Now Eradicates

The eXtendable Wad Editor now supports Shogo, Eradicator, MDK and, partially, Alien Trilogy. The map editor has been improved and this swiss knife for modders now handles high resolution textures for ZDooM.

on the added Zdoom support. I recall only DeepSea could do large textures, but I never liked that editor.
Question: I tryed ripping graphics from Shaddow Worrior but the only file XWE could open didn't have graphic files in it (.grp file). Can anyone shead light?

Law said:

I recall only DeepSea could do large textures, but I never liked that editor.

Technically, the textures are DeePsea hi-res textures (not ZDOOM), since DeePsea invented the format:) Right now only DeePsea can create hi-res textures. Code for viewing them only required about 3 extra lines of code - which I posted in the ZDOOM forum a while back.

Law said:

on the added Zdoom support. I recall only DeepSea could do large textures, but I never liked that editor.
Question: I tryed ripping graphics from Shaddow Worrior but the only file XWE could open didn't have graphic files in it (.grp file). Can anyone shead light?

You mean the .art files? It should show them, but it doesn't look good, you have to find the pallete.dat file.

How about adding support for ripping stuff outta the DOOM Alphas? :)

Rellik: I just did it, works nice with all three alphas. The betas were okay before. Email me if you want a copy.

hmm..the eradicator support is...screwed up XD,and i cant find any sprites..perhaps the demo version and full version are different..

I added the support for the demo version's files, since that's all I have. I tested it, and everything worked fine. You may be right about the full version being different. If you email me the data files from the that version (should be the .RID files), I'll check it out and fix any problems I can find.

The main rid file for the full version is sort of...huge XD,around 35 megs...

the main problem is that the colours are screwed up,like a palette error,but there isnt a palette.dat file inside so i cant do what you do with shadow warrior. Also the sprites arent in the .rid file,i think they might be in the sprites.rim file,as well as the maps...ooh well,i'll just have to make my own sprites i guess,not steal them... XD

ooh,i did spot this in the level editor manual just now-this is probably the cause of the palette screwups-eradicator has 4 different ones..

g) Select New Palette
-There are particular palettes in Eradicator. If, for instance,
you place a Defense Base texture in a Factory palette, the
textures will not look as originally intended. You CAN do it,
but it will look odd. Here are the palettes you can choose
Defbase = Defense Base Levels
Factory = Factory Levels
Lab = Biolab Levels
Core = Not used
MenuPal = Main Menu Palette

It should be readily apparent which textures work in which
palette. Once you change palettes, try scrolling through all
of the textures and you'll see some strange changes.

Hey, Csabo, can ya upload the alpha-beta enhanced XWE? I could REALLY use it, and I'm sure several other people want to get some extra art from the early versions...

Way to bump a TWO MONTH OLD THREAD. First and only warning, don't bump old threads.