Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Doom III Demo At QuakeCon

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Linguica

id Software's PR firm sent the news that the Doom III theater demonstration which turned so many heads at this year's E3 will be making a reappearance at the upcoming QuakeCon. Ctrl+v action ahoy:

MESQUITE, Texas - August 1, 2002 - id Software and Activision's DOOM III
theater, which unleashed its fury at E3 2002, last May in Los Angeles,
will endure a 1,000 mile journey to arrive in Mesquite, the home of id
Software, in time for QuakeCon 2002. The theater will showcase a demonstration
of DOOM III, a mind-searing mixture of cutting-edge graphics, design and
revolutionary 5.1 sound design.

Members of the id Software team will also host a special session, offering
a guided tour of the DOOM III world and talking about the game's development.
The preview at QuakeCon 2002 is a terrifying journey through over 12 minutes
of gameplay running completely in-engine. This exclusive opportunity for
gamers is only available to registered attendees of QuakeCon 2002. Each
attendee will receive an admission ticket for the preview upon registering
at the event.

Hopefully people won't have to stand in line for three frigging hours to see it like I did.

Old Post 08-01-02 22:28 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

yay, a chance for some leaked footage, hopefully it will be higher quality. Screw dishing out money on a pc for doom, dish out money on a nice camera for leaked footage people!

Old Post 08-02-02 01:03 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Or maybe ID will say "screw it" and release the footage? Doubt it but hey, you never know!

Old Post 08-02-02 01:36 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

I don't think it'll get released, but well, considering it's the same as the e3 footage, I don't think anyone will try and video it, also, they may confiscate camera's this time...ya never know.

*July 1863: A nation torn in tragedy, a trick of fate and two great armies merge. The Gods of war at Gettysburg. Devastation lies ahead and fifty thousand bodies litter the land, Hell raises for three full days. The reaper sows, Now there is the DEVIL TO PAAAAY* Gettysburg 1863 Pt1: Devil to pay - Iced Earth

Old Post 08-02-02 15:42 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vile
The man made of sticks

On the contrary, I've seen mentions of another level being shown, so leaked footage might be worthwhile.

Old Post 08-02-02 15:57 #
Vile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
blod
Mini-Member

People from www.oper.ru forum say that they have seen in EDonkey strange 453 mb file titled Doom III alpha (QuakeCon2k3 version). Is it fake or no?

Old Post 08-02-02 20:53 #
blod is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

blod: yeah, I saw that a while back. Read this thread for more info.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-02-02 21:17 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Really? Another level? Well in that case I might be a bit interested... Although I'd be happy with a higher res video of the E3 Movie personnally. We'll see what happens I guess.
Two or so weeks to go till quakecon :D

*July 1863: A nation torn in tragedy, a trick of fate and two great armies merge. The Gods of war at Gettysburg. Devastation lies ahead and fifty thousand bodies litter the land, Hell raises for three full days. The reaper sows, Now there is the DEVIL TO PAAAAY* Gettysburg 1863 Pt1: Devil to pay - Iced Earth

Old Post 08-03-02 14:20 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote