Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > The /newstuff Chronicles #92
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

RailGunner said:

Im so tempted to go to your house and kick your ass. But your 11 so i cant hurt a KID!

Actually, I'm 19, you fucking moron. You kick my ass? /me bursts into laughter
What are you going to hurt me with? Your railgun?

Old Post 08-09-02 01:30 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jello

now now boys, just settle down and enjoy a nice glass of chocolate milk.

Old Post 08-09-02 06:16 #
Jello is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

I sent Paul Corfiatis an edited DEH a few days ago, which fixes most of the grammar/spelling. I think they'll be using it for the final version, so let's see how that fares. It also fixes a crash the DEH did on one of the episode end texts (e4, I think) because the text was too short.

Old Post 08-09-02 07:06 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

Telekenesis:
I thought this map was a tough challenge (some good revenant battles and one or two unpredictable archviles) but interesting enough to record. I did manage that but the demo is really sloppy. Health is fine and ammo will get you there as long as you don't waste. Tough but fun!

2002ADO:
Recorded a demo of e3m5 for Virgil. This is a nice looking level with good gameplay! The end room action is great but could also be a real kick in the teeth. :-)

Old Post 08-09-02 07:46 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

I'm working on it... I'm working on it! :)

Old Post 08-09-02 15:04 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Black Void

Rich said:
Telekenesis:
I thought this map was a tough challenge (some good revenant battles and one or two unpredictable archviles) but interesting enough to record. I did manage that but the demo is really sloppy. Health is fine and ammo will get you there as long as you don't waste. Tough but fun!

Just you wait until the next level, which picks up right after this one- it's an underground prison! And you must continue to travel upward... oh- it has lotsa puzzles too.

Old Post 08-09-02 17:18 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

DooMBoy said:

Actually, I'm 19, you fucking moron. You kick my ass? /me bursts into laughter
What are you going to hurt me with? Your railgun?

Dont get me wrong, but a while ago you said you turned 11. Sorry.

Old Post 08-09-02 19:53 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
magikal
May he rest in peace

Rich said:
Telekenesis:

Yep I'm enjoying Telekenesis, nice challenge.I've been playing with ZDoom and have had several crashes, the last time when I was recording, seconds from the end, damn!It won't play with Legacy, what did you use Rich?

Old Post 08-10-02 17:11 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Black Void

magikal said:

Yep I'm enjoying Telekenesis, nice challenge.I've been playing with ZDoom and have had several crashes, the last time when I was recording, seconds from the end, damn!It won't play with Legacy, what did you use Rich?

What version of Zdoom did you use?

Old Post 08-10-02 17:39 #
Black Void is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rich

magikal said:

Magic!

I couldn't seem to get the 'feel' I wanted using zdoom 1.22 and you can't playback demos from 1.23 so I checked the map under the deep editor and saw there were a couple of sidedefs with unknown textures (that red you get when a texture is missing). These weren't valid textures so I deleted them, along with some other red ones with a number for a name, and then tried it in legacy5 and it worked fine. I'm not positive but I seem to remember there were four or five such non-textures. All you have to do is 'check invalid texture names' and don't assign any texture to the ones you find. I made these changes for personal play and not for redistribution of the wad.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Old Post 08-10-02 21:13 #
Rich is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
magikal
May he rest in peace

Black Void said:

What version of Zdoom did you use?

Yep that's the problem. I'll give it a go Rich, thanks I'll let you know.:)

Old Post 08-10-02 23:49 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Time for the next /newstuff, methinks! :)

Oh, and I think it might be time to hire another news guy... :o

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-12-02 01:32 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

He was probably still testing them by the time for the next update. From what I saw in /newstuff, there's a lot of big ones there, namely Dissolution, Carnage Galore III (first episode), and DSV Episode 4. I think #93 will be there by tomorrow...I hope.

Old Post 08-12-02 01:46 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

I get to it as real life permits. If it pains you too much to wait a day every now and then then go through in-span yourself.

Old Post 08-12-02 02:26 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

I suggest you do some research into the meaning of :)

Besides, I don't rely on the /Newstuff Chronicles to tell me what I should and shouldn't play. In fact, if that's what people do, then I'd suggest they stop ;)

No, the reason I enjoy the /Newstuff Chronicles is because I like seeing what other people think; whether they agree or disagree with my opinion, and why.

Anyway, if you have so much difficulty finding the time to do it, have you considered getting someone to help you? You could either do it alternate weeks, or split the new releases between you or something. At least think about it :)

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Last edited by NiGHTMARE on 08-12-02 at 02:52

Old Post 08-12-02 02:44 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

i just play every playable wad i see on /newstuff.
not to mention i go there every day.

Old Post 08-12-02 06:53 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Heh, come to think of it, I've played approximately two new wads in the last six months or so; AV and 2002 ADO. I think it's somehow linked with the time I usually spend playing I now spend editing my own levels.

Old Post 08-12-02 16:28 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote