Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Beta 2 Draws Closer

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Quasar

Small is progressing relatively rapidly now, and remains the major obstacle in the way of release. Work on Heretic features has ceased for now, after the addition of the knights, D'Sparil's second form and the beast, bringing Heretic mapthing support to greater than 40%.

ExtraData support in Beta 2 will be experimental at best, and it is likely that an editor will not even be available until Beta 3, to avoid problems with possible changes in the format. SoM and I have not yet decided whether the buffered format or a text format would be superior. In truth, both have plusses and minuses.

We are going to try hard to release EE v3.31 public beta 2 before the end of December. My finals are next week, but I don't expect to have to study as much as I have had to do for some semesters in the past, so I may have more time to work than I thought. This is positive!

So keep an eye out for news on progress. I will probably put information about new Small functions up, mostly to satisfy schepe's lust for scripting ;)

Old Post 12-06-02 17:05 #
Quasar is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katarhyne
She's a MAN, baby!!

Whee.

Old Post 12-06-02 17:08 #
Katarhyne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I tested out some Small stuff, pretty cool. Quas also sent me the uncompiled version and I messed around with the checkskill or whatever responses and shit

Old Post 12-06-02 20:02 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

Did-a-lee-dee, sounds great! Hmm end of December eh?.... :D!! my Christmas Present!! :D yay!

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 12-06-02 20:25 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anders
No one knows I'm schepe

So keep an eye out for news on progress. I will probably put information about new Small functions up, mostly to satisfy schepe's lust for scripting ;)

heh, what really makes me excited is the fact that finaly a doomport is going to get GOOD scripting capabilities. which is something ALL ports lack at the moment. (please, no flamewar. you know it's the truth)

Old Post 12-07-02 01:24 #
Anders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote