Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Eternity SP pack

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SoM
azerty YAY!

Hey,
I'm thinking of making a single player level set (undetermined number of maps) for Eternity to showcase the use of 3d sides and to be something for people to play on Eternity while we wait an eternity (heh) for the TC to come out.
Are there any experienced mappers who would like to help out? I want to make it using the nb5texd2 texture wad that is included with the demo level. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Stephen

Last edited by Quasar on 03-06-03 at 19:06

Old Post 03-06-03 18:43 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

DON'T EVERYONE REPLY AT ONCE!

Old Post 03-13-03 22:05 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Isle
I LOVE YOU LINGUICA

OK SOUNDS GOOD KING ASSHOLE

Old Post 03-13-03 22:34 #
Isle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

heh, i might except a) i'm already so busy right now i don't accomplish anything b) i don't know jack shit about mapping for any port (except some basic legacy stuff)

Old Post 03-14-03 01:25 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Isle said:
OK SOUNDS GOOD KING ASSHOLE

actually I wanted people to help not to say sounds good. asshole subject!

Old Post 03-14-03 01:36 #
NokturnuS
Mini-Member

what kind of levels do you want? Maybe i can do some. I'm toying around with the new 3dmidtex flag and the new codepointers and they rule! Multi bridge-over-bridges are now so easy to do.

Cya!

Old Post 03-14-03 02:19 #
NokturnuS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

... I could post a screenie of one Mordeth level that makes extensive use of 3Dsides?

Old Post 03-14-03 10:02 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

NokturnuS said:
what kind of levels do you want? Maybe i can do some. I'm toying around with the new 3dmidtex flag and the new codepointers and they rule! Multi bridge-over-bridges are now so easy to do.

Cya!

Hehe, yeah they rule! I'm looking for some decently detailed maps that make use of the 3dmidtex flag to add new gameplay elements. Stuff that's inventive. I'm also currently using Nick Baker's Episode 5 texture wad (which can be found on Afterglow's site). The 281 and 282 linedefs make moving 3d midtex structures very easy to move. :)

If you are interested in helping out let me know.

Mordeth said:
... I could post a screenie of one Mordeth level that makes extensive use of 3Dsides?

Sure! :D

Stephen

Old Post 03-14-03 20:49 #
Mordeth
Administrator

MY SCREENSHOT KEY IS MISSING GIVE IT BACK YOU BASTARDS

Old Post 03-16-03 20:36 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Mordeth said:
DO EET

Old Post 03-17-03 00:52 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth said:

pull down console, type:
bind [insert screenshot key here] screenshot

that is all

Old Post 03-17-03 04:45 #
Mordeth
Administrator

Ah ok, will post some screenies when I return home. Although screenshots don't quite do justice to it.

[EDIT] Here they are:

Hall with 3Dsides crossbeams.
Impish
From a different angle.
Imp on crossbeam about to attack.

Old Post 03-17-03 10:00 #
SoM
azerty YAY!

Shouldn't Eternity save those to BMPs? and I can't view the screenies. I only see black and white and most of it is black

Old Post 03-17-03 21:11 #
Mordeth
Administrator

SoM said:
Shouldn't Eternity save those to BMPs? and I can't view the screenies. I only see black and white and most of it is black

Er? Fine, here they are again in JPG format:

Hall with 3Dsides crossbeams.
Impish
From a different angle.
Imp on crossbeam about to attack.

Old Post 03-17-03 21:56 #
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth, WOW. :)

Old Post 03-18-03 02:07 #
sargebaldy
not arioch

nice mordeth :) good to see the project is still alive :)

Old Post 03-18-03 03:26 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

BTW, my remark regarding 3DMidTex flags from a few posts back still stands.

From the docs:
Eternity, starting with v3.31, implements a new line flag called 3DMidTex, which causes 2S linedefs using it to clip objects only within the visible vertical range of their middle textures.

This is not correct. It clips objects for the entire texture, even the cyan parts. In my map this is clearly seen with the 3DMidTex railings, which are a 128x128 texture with only the bottom 32 units showing the actual railing. So, the player stands 96 units above the railing.

Personally, I'd like to have both methods. Clipping based on the actual texture size can be handy for all-cyan textures (which I do need, using it in conjuction with double-floors). With clipping based on the non-cyan range you can also do neat stuff... using animated textures and creating wobbly bridges for instance :)

Old Post 03-18-03 10:27 #
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

SoM said:

actually I wanted people to help not to say sounds good. asshole subject!

We others have generally learned to ignore Isle.

Old Post 03-18-03 13:13 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth said:
BTW, my remark regarding 3DMidTex flags from a few posts back still stands.

This is not correct. It clips objects for the entire texture, even the cyan parts. In my map this is clearly seen with the 3DMidTex railings, which are a 128x128 texture with only the bottom 32 units showing the actual railing. So, the player stands 96 units above the railing.

Personally, I'd like to have both methods. Clipping based on the actual texture size can be handy for all-cyan textures (which I do need, using it in conjuction with double-floors). With clipping based on the non-cyan range you can also do neat stuff... using animated textures and creating wobbly bridges for instance :)

Clipping based on column is a shitload more complex than is doing simple texture height checks. For cyan clipping I would have to do column checks for EVERY column the player could touch and that would be ass-slow.
Also, if the texture was animated, it would mean I would have to modify the animation code to perform checks for any mobjs that could be caught or need to be adjusted by the new animation. This is a major head-ach, if this kind of feature is ever added, it will be down the road a long way. I don't have time to do it now.

Yeah, the docs should be corrected.

Old Post 03-19-03 21:57 #
Mordeth
Administrator

SoM said:
Clipping based on column is a shitload more complex than is doing simple texture height checks.

I know, and I actually prefer the clipping being based on texture sizes so don't worry :)

Old Post 03-20-03 09:51 #
JoelMurdoch
Should know better by now

Screenshots like great Gaston (well duh!). Now answer my damn e-mails already! :)

EDIT: Oh, and...

Best post ever.

Last edited by JoelMurdoch on 03-21-03 at 03:50

Old Post 03-20-03 10:47 #
JoelMurdoch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth said:

I know, and I actually prefer the clipping being based on texture sizes so don't worry :)

Cool :) I'm really glad people are liking this feature as I wasn't sure that many would find it useful... :) Looking forward to seeing more of the new mordeth!

Old Post 03-20-03 22:41 #
Giomancer
Mini-Member

I *was* going to offer my help but after looking at Mordeth's map I think I'm a bit out of my league. Like back in Single-A. Whew.

Gio

Old Post 04-11-03 04:06 #
Giomancer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Giomancer said:
I *was* going to offer my help but after looking at Mordeth's map I think I'm a bit out of my league. Like back in Single-A. Whew.

Gio

Well, my maps won't look as good as mordeth's. heh.

Old Post 04-28-03 20:50 #