Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Level header

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Giomancer
Mini-Member

Hi folks.

I'm working on a level for Eternity, and up 'til now I haven't had too much trouble integrating Eternity features. Now the problem I ran into concerns the level header: Where is it? How can I change it? I'm using DeePsea (don't yell) to import the ascii lump "E1M1" and it just tells me that the name is "reserved". Ugh. As if I don't know what I'm doing... Wait, I don't. :P

Anyway, any pointers would be nice. And if it's just DeePsea being a pain, well, I'll handle that end. Thanks everyone (anyone?).

Gio

Old Post 04-14-03 02:56 #
Giomancer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Anders
No one knows I'm schepe

Deepsea is just being lame, use some other program to import the lump and don't forget to remove the empty one.

Old Post 04-19-03 11:52 #
Anders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

earlier quasar looked at the files deepsea uses for eternity editing and said they're highly inaccurate.

Old Post 04-19-03 14:21 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Giomancer
Mini-Member

Well, I'm not too worried about that as I just use the Eternity docs and ignore whatever undefined sector/lines/whatever it gives me. And if the latest version of DeePsea still has this problem, I'll have to have a talk with the authors; they are very good about fixing things up for their users.

In fact, I've pushed for them to support Eternity since Eternity's first public release. It's good they've made the attempt, at least. Also, DeePsea is really extendable; I can use the upcoming Small script compiler just by adding it as a user-defined tool.

Gio

Old Post 04-22-03 06:55 #
Giomancer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote