Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Stuff is still going on!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SoM
azerty YAY!

Posted this in the source ports forum and thought I should post it here too.

Platform rising 1
Platform rising 2
Platform rising 3
Platform rising 4
Platform rising 5

Eternity!

Old Post 04-28-03 19:34 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

IT doesnt not work. :(

Old Post 04-28-03 19:43 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

that's cool.

Old Post 04-28-03 19:58 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

ravage said:
IT doesnt not work. :(

Works for me... Works for Opulent.

Speaking of Opulent...

Opulent said:
that's cool.

It works too. The 3d sides will stop the elevator if they are blocked by the player/another mobj.

Old Post 04-28-03 20:45 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Hey, it works. Cool. :)

Old Post 04-28-03 22:47 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Very Nice Som.

I'll have to get around to see how they work and how they can be edited into maps :)

Old Post 04-29-03 01:43 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Using the moving 3DMidTex feature for creating a simple elevator.... tsk tsk :) I've been using it to make Demons charge through wireframes, smashing stuff in the process, and for creating double-sided breakable windows. Can't wait for the new beta so I can actually use custom sounds and spawned sprites :)

Guess I'll have to post some sceenies when I get home :)

BTW Joel, if you'r reading this: I will email you shortly. Work and other stuffage didn't give me a breather all month.

Old Post 04-29-03 09:50 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth said:
Using the moving 3DMidTex feature for creating a simple elevator.... tsk tsk. I've been using it to make Demons charge through wireframes, smashing stuff in the process, and for creating double-sided breakable windows. Can't wait for the new beta so I can actually use custom sounds and spawned sprites :)

Don't tsk tsk me because my level skillz aren't as good as yours :P

Heh, the point is that the elevator is clipped correctely. This isn't a simple trick like using thin mobjs on the posts, if you block those 3d sides you will stop/reverse the elevator. It was more of a tech demo then a "OMG THIS IS THE BEST LEVEL EVER" level.

Mordeth said:
Guess I'll have to post some sceenies when I get home :)

Yes please :D

Old Post 04-29-03 17:38 #
JoelMurdoch
Should know better by now

BTW Joel, if you'r reading this: I will email you shortly. Work and other stuffage didn't give me a breather all month.

I was beginning to think you'd suffered some horrible accident that had damaged the part of your brain that knew how to use e-mail.

Old Post 05-11-03 02:52 #
JoelMurdoch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Sweet leaf! Thats cool, but I'm wondering if its possible to do it with the posts there the whole time and the platform riding up them?

I'm guessing so by excluding them from the object thingy (whatever you did...I've never gone beyond vanilla editing) for the platform.

Old Post 05-15-03 09:36 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

the_Danarchist said:
Sweet leaf! Thats cool, but I'm wondering if its possible to do it with the posts there the whole time and the platform riding up them?

I'm guessing so by excluding them from the object thingy (whatever you did...I've never gone beyond vanilla editing) for the platform.

Yes. All you'd have to do is setup a dummy elevator sector somewhere off site to link to your 3d sides and they would ride up and down the posts. The elevator you see actually has the 3d sides linked to one of the posts (actually, both the posts because the posts are the same sector)

Old Post 05-16-03 04:28 #
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

That looks wonderfully wonderful! :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 05-16-03 04:28 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Danarchy
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

SoM said:

Yes. All you'd have to do is setup a dummy elevator sector somewhere off site to link to your 3d sides and they would ride up and down the posts. The elevator you see actually has the 3d sides linked to one of the posts (actually, both the posts because the posts are the same sector)

Cool. I figured it was something like that.

Old Post 05-16-03 04:32 #
Danarchy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote