Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Announcing Chex Quest III: The Flem Wars!

Right. I'm just not keen to renaming all those things by hand. I'd rather write a program that can do it, but if the program will end up taking longer to create than doing the renaming by hand, I guess I'm not gaining anything. It's delayed this project too much already, so I'll have to come to a decision really soon.

Well, I have MUCH fewer reservations about your calling your project Chex Quest III.

I had already known that a lot of graphics from CQ3 had been taken from other wads, like the "flemoidus ultimus", which was really a ghost stolen from Ghostbusters TC, but I just found out that all of the levels were stolen too. Every last level in CQ3 was actually taken from the Serenity series of megawads (Serenity, Eternity, and Infinity).

This was an extreme disappointment to me, because I had been working to incorporate the CQ3 levels into The Ultimate Chex Quest. Obviously, I can't do that now, and a number of weeks worth of work has had to be scrapped.

I am more than a little pissed off.

Chex Quest 3 is nothing but a bunch of stolen graphics and levels. As far as I am concerned, it is not a true sequel, and should be burried. Calling your project Chex Quest III is therefore no longer a problem.

Well this is certainly strange and unexpected news. It does explain a few things, like why the textures were so messed up, the levels didn't feel anything like the other CQ mods, the weird weapons, and the horribly cheesy commercial music MIDIs...

But on the other hand, it does NOT explain some of the stuff that seems to fit, like the new textures that give different location names that seem authentic, the Flemoid egg, which I've already made a new version of for CQIII, and other stuff that seems to have been made by the real CQ team.

I've already brought in some of the resources into CQIII, and I'll probably be keeping them in there. I only took the useful ones that fit in with the rest of the stuff, anyways, which wasn't much.

Chex Quest 3 was NOT created by Digital Café, the original CQ design team. It was made later by a group of fans.

<<EDIT: I have already excised the CQ3 levels from T.U.C.Q.. I am only keeping a couple of sounds, which are useful to me. If you are planning to anything from CQ3, I would recommend looking up their original sources so they can be properly credited, which is only fair to the original creators.>>

I'll be doing that to the best of my ability. Scuba Steve has already granted us permission to modify and use the enemy sprite which was taken from Ghostbusters DOOM. The rest of the stuff is so minor I don't know why anyone would care, really.

It's been over two and a half months since this thread was posted in. Is this project as dead as Raynor's Tale (which I was also eagerly awaiting)? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Actually no, some work was done on it recently and all the textures, flats, and decoration sprites are now in the resource wad. Assmaster is supposed to still be working on some extra frames for the final boss creature and the Worm Flemoid, but I'm not sure if I should put off the start of mapping for the completion of those monsters or not. Anyways, once everything is ready, the project will be opened to mappers and we'll get this thing finished.