Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > "-cdrom" and MIDI bugs

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LogicDeLuxe

I tried v3.31 beta 6.
First I noticed a regression: MIDI sounded terrible, no matter what device I select in Windows' system configuration. But, strangely enough, when I made a CD ISO image which I mounted in Daemontools (just in case you don't know: it is a very accurate CD emulator) for a test run, and I started it with the "-cdrom" parameter from there, the MIDI music perfectly plays through the selected MIDI device. In contrary to that, using "-cdrom" running it from the harddisk has no effect on MIDI (which, I know, is pretty normal behavior. In deed, I haven't even a remote clue how running it from a CD could affect the decission of which MIDI device to use.).

And while I'm trying to use the "-cdrom" switch, I noticed another bug: The switch seems to work properly, as long, the engine is executed from my harddisk. Config, Savegames and temporary files are stored in c:\doomdata as it should be, except for tranmap.dat which is written to the current directory.
However, when I use "-cdrom" from the emulated CD drive, the config is read and used properly from c:\doomdata, but no changes are written back to it, when I exit from Eternity.exe. This works flawless on the harddisk, though.

Old Post 03-20-04 19:09 #
LogicDeLuxe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote