Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Old Doom2 bug?

Consider this test level. A sector with lighting = 128, with a midbar-lined corridor with lighting = 144. A small sector with lighting = 248 lines one side, so the corridor is lined by a 248 and a 128 lighting sector.

The corridor between the two bar textures are flanked by a "WR light to max adjacent" on the south side and a "WR light to min adjacent" on the north side. Walking from south to north ought to raise the lighting from 144 to 248 and then back to 128. Going from north to south should lower the lighting from 144 to 128 and then up to 248.

Result: going from north to south lowers/raises the lighting as expected, but when going from south to north the "WR light to min adjacent" refuses to work.

This happens when running with Eternity and ZDoom. I suspect it's a Doom2/Boom bug, but those two engines do not run on my XP machine so I can't test that myself.

Mordeth said:

I suspect it's a Doom2/Boom bug, but those two engines do not run on my XP machine so I can't test that myself.

Prboom 2.02 is a direct Windows port of Boom 2.02. Its behaviour and bugs should be identical (though check out "Differences between PRBOOM and BOOM" in the text-file). Runs fine on XP for me.

Mordeth, Doom doesn't run on yours even with Win95 emulation and sound disabled?

myk said:
Mordeth, Doom doesn't run on yours even with Win95 emulation and sound disabled?

Nope, the little bastard just refuses to run whatever I do. Got every other DOS game working, except for that one. Thank god for source ports ;)

BTW, as Zahl pointed out the error was not in the trigger but in the description of the trigger in my old copy of my editor. Heh.

Why don't you think about trying Doom Builder. I double checked its Eternity config (available from a link in this forum somewhere), and it's 100% correct. Plus, well, try it out. I think you'd like it.

Quasar said:
I double checked its Eternity config (available from a link in this forum somewhere)...

Eternity configuration is actually shipped with Doom Builder now :D