Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Eternity Logo to Icon

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mechadon

I'm kinda picky over certain things, and it always bothered me that EE didn't have a program icon. I knew about the the logo that Assmaster made and I've been meaning to try and convert it into an icon for a while now. I talked with essel about it briefly today and he said I should go for it. So I did.

http://www.filesavr.com/iconee2_1

Hopefully it came out ok. I had to do a little extra work to smooth out the edges (the logo image I took off the website had lots of white around it). I did a quick test and it seemed to come out pretty good. There are 7 different sizes I accounted for; 256x256, 128x128, 64x64, 48x48, 32x32, 24x24, and 16x16. Let me know if there are any problems; I've only made icons on a few other occasions so I probably screwed something up.

Anyone is welcome to change anything on the icon :D

[EDIT]

New version up.

Last edited by Mechadon on 01-15-09 at 00:17

Old Post 01-14-09 08:18 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

My computer crashed while downloading though I probably can't blame that on the icon. :[
They're a couple of shades darker than the original and the larger icons could do with a little more smoothing around the edges but overall not bad.

Old Post 01-14-09 11:52 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

GreyGhost said:
My computer crashed while downloading though I probably can't blame that on the icon. :[

Wow, I certainly hope not D:

Anyways, I just noticed that it's darker than the original logo too...I'm not sure how that happened. Thankfully it should be pretty easy to fix. I don't know if I can really smooth it out anymore than it already is though, but I'll work on it some more today and see what I can do. Thanks :D

Old Post 01-14-09 20:38 #
Mechadon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mechadon/icon_ee2.png

I started over. I think this attempt looks much better. I figured out a better way to remove the rough edge from the .gif logo on the EE site, so I really didn't have to do a whole lot of manual tweaking. I'm working on the .ico now :]

[EDIT]

Mkay, here it is: http://www.filesavr.com/iconee2_1

I've updated the OP with that link as well. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Mechadon on 01-15-09 at 00:17

Old Post 01-14-09 23:54 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Awesome! The hi-res one looks excellent in ObjectDock. :) Thanks Mech!

Old Post 01-15-09 02:30 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mancubus II
Purple is not a breakfast color

nxn made a vectorized version of that which I use on the new EE site (rasterized for the web of course).

Old Post 01-15-09 18:00 #
Mancubus II is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Mancubus II said:
nxn made a vectorized version of that which I use on the new EE site (rasterized for the web of course).

Speaking of which, what's left to do before the new EE site design can go public?

Old Post 01-15-09 18:45 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote