Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Eternity > Portal + deep water

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mordeth
Administrator

How you do create a deep water effect for a sector that also has a linked ceiling portal?

After some attempts, the effect still breaks when going underwater (usually HOM on underwater sides) although it looks OK from anywhere else.

With non-linked portals I've been able to get it working (...most of times) by making the floor of the portal at the same height as the affected sector and applying the same deep water effect to both. Obviously I can't do the same thing with linked portals.

Old Post 04-10-09 10:43 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Mordeth said:
How you do create a deep water effect for a sector that also has a linked ceiling portal?

After some attempts, the effect still breaks when going underwater (usually HOM on underwater sides) although it looks OK from anywhere else.

With non-linked portals I've been able to get it working (...most of times) by making the floor of the portal at the same height as the affected sector and applying the same deep water effect to both. Obviously I can't do the same thing with linked portals.

Yeah, that's a bug. I still need to work on that. Really, the pointer to the ceiling portal structure should be NULLed when below the deep water. I'll fix that.

Old Post 04-10-09 16:04 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Thanks ;)

Old Post 04-10-09 17:37 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
SoM
azerty YAY!

Ok so here is the problem...

242 makes a three part partition of a sector:
- upper part (water above you?)
- middle part
- lower part (water)

ok.. so I can disable rendering portals for a sector depending on where the player is in the fakey goodness, as long as the ceiling of the sector is exactly the same height as the control sector ceiling. This means you won't be able to close a door through a portal with deep water in it... :( I hope this is ok...

Old Post 05-07-09 04:55 #
SoM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Hey Mord, any chance of a Mordeth page update? It's been almost two and half years since the last one...

Old Post 06-01-09 23:43 #
Jonathan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Jonathan said:
Hey Mord, any chance of a Mordeth page update? It's been almost two and half years since the last one...

Was going for the record... :)

Old Post 06-03-09 18:20 #
Mordeth
Administrator

SoM said:
ok.. so I can disable rendering portals for a sector depending on where the player is in the fakey goodness, as long as the ceiling of the sector is exactly the same height as the control sector ceiling. This means you won't be able to close a door through a portal with deep water in it... :( I hope this is ok...

I guess it is. This is just to enable basic stuff, like a deep water river under a skybox or something.

Old Post 06-03-09 18:21 #